Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have a few questions about the food science course as I will be going to uni in 2017.

1) What is the difference between food science, nutrition and nutrition and dietetics? The entry requirement for those course vary and I don't really know why.

2) Does food science involve learning about biology in great depth. I know that it will involve some but I was thinking it covers more about how food is made etc..

3) People say that doing a biochemistry degree is better off if you want to get in the food industry. However, I don't really like doing the course just on biology and chemistry and I don't feel like I am interested enough.

4) What is it like studying food science at univeristy ? For example at King's , Nottingham, any experience would help.

Thanks.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Girl online 123)
    Hello, I have a few questions about the food science course as I will be going to uni in 2017.

1) What is the difference between food science, nutrition and nutrition and dietetics? The entry requirement for those course vary and I don't really know why.

2) Does food science involve learning about biology in great depth. I know that it will involve some but I was thinking it covers more about how food is made etc..

3) People say that doing a biochemistry degree is better off if you want to get in the food industry. However, I don't really like doing the course just on biology and chemistry and I don't feel like I am interested enough.

4) What is it like studying food science at univeristy ? For example at King's , Nottingham, any experience would help.

Thanks.
    Hello,

Our Nutrition and Dietetics Course takes 4 years to complete and graduates from the course are entitled to apply for Registration in Dietetics with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). More information about our Nutrition and Dietetics course is available online http://www.chester.ac.uk/undergradua...-and-dietetics

Our Human Nutrition course takes 3 years to complete and is accredited by the Association for Nutrition (AfN). This accelerates the process by which our graduates become registered nutritionists (R.Nutr.). Find out more about Human Nutrition: http://www.chester.ac.uk/undergraduate/human-nutrition

On both the course pages there are contact details for lecturers who teach on the course, feel free to get in touch with them as they will be able to give you more information about the course and the differences between studying Nutrition and Dietetics and Human Nutrition.

I hope that helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.