Newcastle Uni vs York Uni

Watch this thread
Tom128
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm an English offer holder for both Newcastle and York unis and I really like them both, but for different reasons. I prefer the English course at Newcastle because it seems more suited to me, being English Literature rather than the more general English (so including language, which I've never studied.) But I think I prefer York more as a Uni and a city - I just got a friendlier feel from the open days! However, I don't HATE The York course or Newcastle as a place by any means, so if anyone could offer me any help, that'd be great. Thank you!
Bea._99
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tom128)
I'm an English offer holder for both Newcastle and York unis and I really like them both, but for different reasons. I prefer the English course at Newcastle because it seems more suited to me, being English Literature rather than the more general English (so including language, which I've never studied.) But I think I prefer York more as a Uni and a city - I just got a friendlier feel from the open days! However, I don't HATE The York course or Newcastle as a place by any means, so if anyone could offer me any help, that'd be great. Thank you!
Hey, I'm in EXACTLY the same situation trying to decide between the two for English. York seemed friendlier and I preferred the city but Newcastle's course was probably slightly better. I'm sort I can't offer advice but it's kind of cool to see I'm not alone in my dilemma 😂...
startop123
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I am currently in the same position! I can't decide between Newcastle and York for psychology. I prefer the course at Newcastle, but prefer York as a city and like the idea of the college system. I am more of a laid back person and worry that Newcastle might be too rowdy and there may be too many drugs going around. But I still like having a lot to do so think I might be bored at York. How did you end up deciding?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads