Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

I signed up to be an extra at uni to earn some more money. It pays around £100 - 200 per day you film and you can choose when to accept jobs and not. You get to work in pretty cool film studios and see top directors and actors do their thing. You might even see yourself in the cinema and on TV!

Sounds great, right?

It can be but there are a few things you should know first

- It required you to get up early and be on set early.
    - You need to develop a thick skin because you may be treated like cattle all day
    - Days can last 12 hours
    - It can be really, really boring with hours spent doing nothing.
    - Sometimes it can be tiring, dirty, dusty, hot, cold, generally uncomfortable

If you think you can handle all that then it might be for you, it certainly provided me with a lot of extra cash when I needed it.

I talk about my experience of being an extra here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22_6V5pfTuY

Some agencies to look up if you're interested:
    Universal Extras,
    Casting Collective
    Maddog
    Ray Knight

All of these are legit and love students because they are flexible with their time.

Hope this helps!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.