Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

London Universities for medicine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would love for one of my 4 medical applications to be at a London university (possibly UCL or Kings?) I'm just wondering if anyone is at one studying medicine and what it takes to stand out as I know it's highly competitive and what the different interview styles at each are and the style of course.

I got 8 A*'s and 2 As at GCSE and am studying biology, chemistry, psychology and English literature. (I know some unis would really prefer if I was doing maths)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daisy1202)
    I would love for one of my 4 medical applications to be at a London university (not Oxbridge but possibly UCL and Kings) I'm just wondering if anyone is at one studying medicine and what it takes to stand out as I know it's highly competitive and what the different interview styles at each are and the style of course.

I got 8 A*'s and 2 As at GCSE and am studying biology, chemistry, psychology and English literature. (I know some unis would really prefer if I was doing maths)

Thanks
    Only Cambridge want maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would love for one of my 4 medical applications to be at a London university (not Oxbridge but possibly UCL and Kings) I'm just wondering if anyone is at one studying medicine and what it takes to stand out as I know it's highly competitive and what the different interview styles at each are and the style of course.

Thanks
    Oxford and Cambridge aren't in London

As has been pointed out above, you don't need maths.

The rest of the info you're looking for e.g. course structure, interviews etc is all available on the med school websites e.g.:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/u...ions/selection

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Sorry, I know they're not in London but they are around that area with very high reputations like the big London universities.

(Original post by Democracy)
    Oxford and Cambridge aren't in London

As has been pointed out above, you don't need maths.

The rest of the info you're looking for e.g. course structure, interviews etc is all available on the med school websites e.g.:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/u...ions/selection

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Sorry, I know they're not in London but they are around that area with very high reputations like the big London universities.
    The reputation thing is also really a non-issue...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...e_Universities

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Scroll down to post 2125 on this thread to see a heated debate about this issue of medical schools with "better reputations". I think you may find it helpful

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.