To Kill a Mockingbird - Thoughts and feelings (RIP Harper Lee)

Watch
minimarshmallow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In the wake of the sad news of Ms. Lee's passing, I thought I'd ask for your opinions on her classic novel, To Kill a Mockingbird.

I read it in school, aged 14 and hated it. I also made the whole class hate it before we'd even started by telling them it was the book that put my dad off reading for 20 years. As I've gotten older (almost 10 years later) I realise why we read it, and why it is such an important and excellent novel. I don't think it's time yet for a reread, but I'm no longer completely ruling it out.

What are your thoughts?

RIP Harper Lee.
wordnerd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by minimarshmallow)
In the wake of the sad news of Ms. Lee's passing, I thought I'd ask for your opinions on her classic novel, To Kill a Mockingbird.

I read it in school, aged 14 and hated it. I also made the whole class hate it before we'd even started by telling them it was the book that put my dad off reading for 20 years. As I've gotten older (almost 10 years later) I realise why we read it, and why it is such an important and excellent novel. I don't think it's time yet for a reread, but I'm no longer completely ruling it out.

What are your thoughts?

RIP Harper Lee.
Honestly it's one of the novels that set me on the path I'm on today. Very sad to hear the news, but I'm thankful for the lessons TKAB taught us. It's as relevant today as ever and something everyone should read. Beautiful writing and beautiful person. RIP Harper Lee.
Anon_98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I love the book it's so fab! - Ofc, very sad to hear the news.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads