The Student Room Group

Bavaria to sue angela Merkel over migrant crisis

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MildredMalone
You seem to have family living in everywhere relevant to muslim-related news.

Oh yeah. Because they've caused no problems at all since arriving!

My family don't live 'everywhere' and my mum was born in Germany,years before this whole refugee crisis. I don't get what your point is.
Original post by Yellow 03
I can understand the good intent in this comment, but I think it is generally a naïve point of view.

And this comment is a small example why. There is little integration or cohesion.

The Syrian plight (which has an undeniable, very real and devastating humanitarian dimension) is used by ISIS as its own Trojan horse.

My family are fully integrated into German society thank you very much just like the Turks and other ethnic minorities living in Germany
Original post by Mathemagicien
If you are half Italian, why do you identify as an Arab? Just curious... there is very little difference anyway between southern Italians and Arabs, I'd have though

Very little indeed and I don't really identify as Arab so much. I see myself as a Levantine girl,very similar to the medittaraneans as you've pointed out. But since most people consider Syrians to be Arab,I say I'm half Arab,half Italian
Original post by Frank Underwood
Do you have proof / evidence of this? Because I think staying away from crippling corruption and poor economic conditions and war is a pretty good reason to need to leave.

For the record, that argument is a nonsense. They had escaped war once they reached turkey. Wanting a cushier existence makes them an economic migrant, not an asylum seeker.
Original post by queen-bee
,I say I'm half Arab,half Italian

Born in England to a German mother and an Italian father :biggrin: (for now until you change your mind that is)
(edited 8 years ago)
She deserves to be sued.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Born in England to a German mother and an Italian farther :biggrin: (for now until you change your mind that is)

Yep! My mother and all her sisters were born in Germany. My cousins were all born there too. My dad was born in Switzerland. He's a Swiss Italian but they're from Tuscany originally and I was born in London
Yep! My mother and all her sisters were born in Germany. My cousins were all born there too. My dad was born in Switzerland. He's a Swiss Italian but they're from Tuscany originally and I was born in London

so your links to Syria are very week indeed.
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
For the record, that argument is a nonsense. They had escaped war once they reached turkey. Wanting a cushier existence makes them an economic migrant, not an asylum seeker.

You're making the excessively blind assumption that every single immigrant had gone through Turkey into Europe.

Did you not see the boats of people going across the Mediterranean straight into Greece, Croatia, Italy? come on, use your brain please, the immigrants are not flowing through Turkey like some massive influx, its a mass movement from North Africa AND the Middle East.

(edited 8 years ago)
so your links to Syria are very week indeed.

Weak* Ofcourse Syria will always be part of my heritage
You're making the excessively blind assumption that every single immigrant had gone through Turkey into Europe.

Did you not see the boats of people going across the Mediterranean straight into Greece, Croatia, Italy? come on, use your brain please, the immigrants are not flowing through Turkey like some massive influx, its a mass movement from North Africa AND the Middle East.

As you have just demonstrated none of them landed in Germany they all ravelled through a safe country before getting to Germany. This makes them migrants.

Firstly, the vast majority of the immigrants are indeed coming via turkey, not all but most. Secondly, not one of the countries you mentioned there is Germany. So however you spin, when they are moving in number from whatever country they landed in to Germany, they are economic migrants. In fact, plenty of them arent even coming from warzones, they're coming because we're more affluent than north africa/middle east. My point being, they are economic migrants, so we should stop acting like they had no choice but to move to western europe.

Your map is very nice, but please draw attention to the arrow directly from some country in the middle east or north africa, to germany. Otherwise, all you're doing is proving my point.
(edited 8 years ago)
As you have just demonstrated none of them landed in Germany they all ravelled through a safe country before getting to Germany. This makes them migrants.

So what? The EU is more than capable of taking the few thousand immigrants compared to the millions Turkey is taking.

Not to mention its a massive propaganda victory against ISIS, which seems to concern you morons far more than Assad or Putin.
Firstly, the vast majority of the immigrants are indeed coming via turkey, not all but most. Secondly, not one of the countries you mentioned there is Germany. So however you spin, when they are moving in number from whatever country they landed in to Germany, they are economic migrants. In fact, plenty of them arent even coming from warzones, they're coming because we're more affluent than north africa/middle east. My point being, they are economic migrants, so we should stop acting like they had no choice but to move to western europe.

Your map is very nice, but please draw attention to the arrow directly from some country in the middle east or north africa, to germany. Otherwise, all you're doing is proving my point.

So you're saying that every single one of them is moving for economic benefit? Do you have anything to back this statement up with because to me its very clear that these people want to escape corruption, war and terrorism.
So you're saying that every single one of them is moving for economic benefit? Do you have anything to back this statement up with because to me its very clear that these people want to escape corruption, war and terrorism.

I didnt claim for one moment they weren't trying to escape corruption, war and terrorism initially. I said that they'd achieved that once they landed in turkey/greece/italy/any other country they initially landed in. Deciding that you'd much rather live in germany and then setting on your merry way, that makes you an economic migrant. I don't really see which bit of this you're contesting.

If you'll forgive me:
(edited 8 years ago)
I didnt claim for one moment they weren't trying to escape corruption, war and terrorism. I said that they'd achieved that once they landed in turkey/greece/italy/any other country they initially landed in. Deciding that you'd much rather live in germany and then setting on your merry way, that makes you an economic migrant. I don't really see which bit of this you're contesting.

If you'll forgive me:

Well I could throw that exact same image to you about my original point. Merkel is right to accept these immigrants BECAUSE THEY ARE ****ING DYING IN SYRIA, where the government is as corrupt as the terrorists who want to destroy it.

The burden of migrants can't be taken alone by the countries which receives them, they need to be distributed.
Merkel makes Jewish congress very happy.

Good goyim *pat pat*
Well I could throw that exact same image to you about my original point. Merkel is right to accept these immigrants BECAUSE THEY ARE ****ING DYING IN SYRIA, where the government is as corrupt as the terrorists who want to destroy it.

The burden of migrants can't be taken alone by the countries which receives them, they need to be distributed.

Please don't put words in my mouth, I don't think I've actually said that I disagree with Merkel accepting immigrants. What I said was that your argument that they should accept the immigrants as they are trying to escape war is bull, because if their only objective was to escape war then they would be quite satisfied in turkey/italy/greece/wherever they happened to land.

In what way are they being distributed?! The immigrants don't want to be distributed, they all want to be in Germany/Britain/France because they're the most affluent countries.
Her reckless actions? What the hell are you talking about? The fact that thousands of refugees are coming to the EU and saying 'no' to ISIS is a massive victory in itself. Some of the hostages who belonged to ISIS themselves claimed that the mass immigration was the biggest hit on ISIS.

But no, in your tory views you think we should have rejected them and sent them back to Syria. Come on, sort your mind out.

Read this: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/16/isis-bombs-hostage-syria-islamic-state-paris-attacks

"The pictures from Germany of people welcoming migrants will have been particularly troubling to them. Cohesion, tolerance it is not what they want to see."

So yeah, keep supporting ISIS.

For someone who claims that the Islamic State poses no threat you seem obsessed by it...

The main point is that the EU shouldn't welcome limitless numbers of refugees into its member states because it might annoy IS. It isn't feasible or affordable and Merkel s catastrophic error in encouraging them to make the dangerous journey will eventually be the undoing of her.

There are elections next month. Watch this space.
We should help those who need our help and not turn them away,especially women and children.

Yeah except decision making isn't/shouldn't be based off simply emotion. A lot of people need help within our country, let alone abroad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending