Turn on thread page Beta

Legal realism. LAW HELP watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Been reading around legal realism for my summative essay. My question is based on fact and rule skepticism. I know there isn't any concrete definition for these terms (so I've been told through books) I am struggling to grasp what rule skepticism is?

Help anyone?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi I think post this in the academic or study thread. This is careers. Good luck with your essay 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It means the same thing as legal realism. In essence rules should be challenged or examined, in a legal realism/social context, whether or not they are "formalised".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_marmite)
    It means the same thing as legal realism. In essence rules should be challenged or examined, in a legal realism/social context, whether or not they are "formalised".
    So do rules sceptics think that rules are not sufficient enough to determine the outcome of cases?

My question is: facts are more important than rules when deciding the outcome of future cases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happyinthehaze)
    Hi I think post this in the academic or study thread. This is careers. Good luck with your essay 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I realised I posted it in the wrong area haha

I reposted it under study, still got no replies

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.