Anyone else applied for this course?
    I applied to the following:
    Southampton - still waiting for response
    Swansea - still waiting for response
    Middlesex - Offer
    Wolverhampton - offer
    Leeds - rejection

ReputationRep:
    I am planning on applying next year could you give me any advice?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayfi)
    I am planning on applying next year could you give me any advice?

Thanks.
    To be honest just research the course and ensure you know all about it.
    Universities such as Swansea & Southampton are excellent for this course, but the are other universities out there such as Middlesex (Im going here), Leeds, Manchester etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneymania999)
    To be honest just research the course and ensure you know all about it.
    Universities such as Swansea & Southampton are excellent for this course, but the are other universities out there such as Middlesex (Im going here), Leeds, Manchester etc.
    Thanks for the reply! Have you been accepted to Middlesex? If so could you tell me about your interview experience and did you do work experience. If so how did you organise it and how long did you do it for?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayfi)
    Thanks for the reply! Have you been accepted to Middlesex? If so could you tell me about your interview experience and did you do work experience. If so how did you organise it and how long did you do it for?

Thanks.
    Yes I have been accepted by Middlesex University.
    The interview was not to bad.
    It is a group interview and so the atmosphere isn't as tense compared to a 1 v 1 interview.
    Basically all we did was a group interview

First warm up activity was to write on post its: skills you can offer, what does cardiac physiologist do, where do you see yourself in five years

You also had to verbally declare why you're interested in healthcare

Group discussion had two topics/scenarios which you and group had to discuss and come to conclusion
    -A member in another department left a patient on a wheelchair in the middle of the corridor in your department, he's highly contagious- how would you approach the situation (where you have a long busy list of other patients to tend to) they then asked you would you put this patient at a high, middle or low priority

-two patients have liver failure and you need to decide who be given the liver transplant and why (only info you're given is that one is due to a genetic disorder and one due to being a alcoholic) so you need to balance issues and implications of this situation

That's pretty much it
    But make sure your voice is heard ! Thats my number one tip (but also be professional and friendly to other students etc etc)"
    And I dont have any work experience apart from in a Pharmacy.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have been accepted by Middlesex University.
    The interview was not to bad.
    It is a group interview and so the atmosphere isn't as tense compared to a 1 v 1 interview.
    Basically all we did was a group interview

First warm up activity was to write on post its: skills you can offer, what does cardiac physiologist do, where do you see yourself in five years

You also had to verbally declare why you're interested in healthcare

Group discussion had two topics/scenarios which you and group had to discuss and come to conclusion
    -A member in another department left a patient on a wheelchair in the middle of the corridor in your department, he's highly contagious- how would you approach the situation (where you have a long busy list of other patients to tend to) they then asked you would you put this patient at a high, middle or low priority

-two patients have liver failure and you need to decide who be given the liver transplant and why (only info you're given is that one is due to a genetic disorder and one due to being a alcoholic) so you need to balance issues and implications of this situation

That's pretty much it
    But make sure your voice is heard ! Thats my number one tip (but also be professional and friendly to other students etc etc)"
    And I dont have any work experience apart from in a Pharmacy.
    Thanks for this! Do you know what the University of Leeds is like with their interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayfi)
    Thanks for this! Do you know what the University of Leeds is like with their interview?
    I attended the Leeds interview and they pretty much ask you questions about work experience, why you want to study the course, what makes you different from other applicants.
    The will also be questions about your skills and qualities.

ReputationRep:
    I attended the Leeds interview and they pretty much ask you questions about work experience, why you want to study the course, what makes you different from other applicants.
    The will also be questions about your skills and qualities.
    Do you know any one who has got work experience in this area? If so how did they get it because I am struggling to find it.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayfi)
    Do you know any one who has got work experience in this area? If so how did they get it because I am struggling to find it.

Thanks
    Just try your local hospital and see whether they will take you even for a day because even thouh that is very short it will give you experience.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.