Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ''

ReputationRep:
    hey,

seriously don't worry about it. Everyone (I mean absolutely everyone) has days when they're less productive. You have literally, like, 3 months until exams. It's no wonder you're not feeling particularly motivated or urgent about revision because 3 months is a long time.
    I find the best way to get out of revision ruts is to find something to reward yourself, and seeing as you've still got a while left I'd say take tomorrow off- it'll make it easier to work this evening as you'll be motivated by the prospect of a day without revision (hooray!). For the next month or two just focus on making sure you have all your notes and that you understand everything. Don't worry about learning anything because you will not remember any of it come May/June. You could try changing the way you work (posters/flashcards/making revision powerpoints works for me, do whatever suits). Take breaks (I do a 10 minute break for every 45-70 minutes, and make them proper breaks: leave the room, go talk to someone, don't just sit and check facebook). Kudos to you for starting early, but really don't fret about it just yet (you've got plenty of time to get worked up over it).
    Just remember that I didn't start until April and got 9A*s or someth like that (also the fact I can't even remember what I've got will prove to you that in a couple years time those three or four days that you spent faffing around and not doing anything productive will seem blissfully insignificant)

Best of luck!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.