Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently in my second year of A levels : studying A2 chemistry, biology and english literature. I've noticed I'm becoming so frustrated quickly and angered by the smallest things. If I make one mistake on a piece of paper that I'm writing I scrap it all and start again.. Right now I'm annoyed because i've written notes out on paper from the textbook for biology however, Ive just copied and pasted the text... I don't know any of it, and Ive done exactly the same on a notebook from my notes.. Im just copying the information and not learning it.. I don't know how to properly learn it instead of wasting my time and writing the same info again and again. I have 9 exams in total including resit exams. I haven't started studying for my resits and haven't really revised any of my A2 material apart from unit 4 sections. I feel so overwhelmed with work like I'm doing it and wasting time as I'm not learning anything.

Is this a waste of time -- > writing notes from textbook then writing out the same notes again to engrave it into my head?
    Also it's the end of February and I feel so far behind on work. I wanted to get all my crap together to start revising throughly from March onwards but I find myself stuck having not learnt anything yet. Please help.. ! D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aladdin818)
    Currently in my second year of A levels : studying A2 chemistry, biology and english literature. I've noticed I'm becoming so frustrated quickly and angered by the smallest things. If I make one mistake on a piece of paper that I'm writing I scrap it all and start again.. Right now I'm annoyed because i've written notes out on paper from the textbook for biology however, Ive just copied and pasted the text... I don't know any of it, and Ive done exactly the same on a notebook from my notes.. Im just copying the information and not learning it.. I don't know how to properly learn it instead of wasting my time and writing the same info again and again. I have 9 exams in total including resit exams. I haven't started studying for my resits and haven't really revised any of my A2 material apart from unit 4 sections. I feel so overwhelmed with work like I'm doing it and wasting time as I'm not learning anything.

Is this a waste of time -- > writing notes from textbook then writing out the same notes again to engrave it into my head?
    Also it's the end of February and I feel so far behind on work. I wanted to get all my crap together to start revising throughly from March onwards but I find myself stuck having not learnt anything yet. Please help.. ! D:

Okay, first of all, take a really deep breath and calm down! I know exactly how you're feeling being in this position myself (but taking maths instead of English) and its so easy to feel overwhelmed.

How about, next time you try a paper and get stuff wrong (which is inevitable really) highlight that bit and see which topic you seem to be struggling on and focus studying that topic. Also, vary your method of revision to keep it fun (...or at least...bearable) e.g. flashcards/videos/diagrams and then try the exact same question again and see if you've improved

I personally write notes but at times it doesn't stick in my head so I print out notes from the computer/or get a CGP book and highlight instead, this may seem really weird but I try to make my highlighting interactive. So say I read about how Acetylcholine is broken up into Acetyl and Ethanoic acid, I would literally put my hands together in a ball to symbolise the acetylcholine and make a woosh noise and separate out my hands to show the separation. It seems really weird but it might work for you

Chin up If you feel the need to vent then my inbox is always open

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.