Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am really struggling to decide between these unis. For history Durham seems to be the highest rated, but overall UCL seems to be the most renowned. My offer from QMUL is unconditional whereas my Durham and UCL are A*AA, but my unconditional is only if I put it first; if I put it second the offer is ABB, which I still think I could manage, so at the moment I am leaning towards making it my insurance. UCL is in London which is super expensive and busy BUT I like cities and at UCL I am guaranteed a year abroad, whereas at Durham I am not and it is in a small town. However I like Durham's collegiate system and will be part of University College (in Durham Castle) which is pretty cool. Anyone got opinions/go to UCL/Durham/QMUL? Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not sure why you think Durham is rated higher than UCL for history, it isn't. Pick the degree which interests you most. There are bound to be differences in structure and module availability, do some research and think about what topics you'd like to study.

UCL probably gives you the biggest range of modules. As well as all the usual modules offered by the Department of History, you also have access to all of SSEES' history modules (see list), history-relate modules from other departments (e.g. Jewish Studies, History of Art, Economics etc), and also intercollegiate modules from a range of other University of London colleges (see list).

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.