Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 18 and I've never had a boyfriend, been kissed, or been romantically involved with someone...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, lol, tons of people are in the same boat, don't worry about it, normal people don't care

ReputationRep:
    Anything is normal on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    of course it's normal; you don't have to feel pressured by what is the norm today; just take your time and when you feel ready you can have a relationship etc .

ReputationRep:
    That's completely normal. Don't feel as if you need to do those things to be classed as 'normal'. Be happy

ReputationRep:
    im 20 and the same applies to me

its ok

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ThatCSGuy)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

:sexface:

OP: Nah, it's fine, just take your time.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a girlfriend, been kissed or been romantically involved either. We have so much in common hmu x

Thanks guys, I feel a little reassured now. I know I'm overreacting, but it's definitely a punch to the self-esteem, as I feel as though I'm not good enough. But like you said lots of people are in my position!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimir)
    :sexface:

OP: Nah, it's fine, just take your time.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Evening ladies :creep:

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP deserves a Blue Peter badge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 18 and I've never had a boyfriend, been kissed, or been romantically involved with someone...
    I'm 19 and I have never had a girlfriend, been kissed, or been romantically involved with someone. I think we are meant to be.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just kidding . Seriously though I have barely done anything with a girl so don't worry about it. For now just focus on more important things in life because it will eventually happen when you least expect it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's average no, so it's definitely not normal. There is quite a lot of people who are in the same boat though so don't worry.

I can tell you it is almost certainly your fault, there is likely a few guys wanting to kiss you right now.

ReputationRep:
    Meh I am the same, i've never done anything with a girl (I'm a guy). I just want to wait until it seems right. I know many people who are so desperate and end up in unhealthy relationships. I'm happy so long as i have many friends and know i'll find someone in the end

(Original post by IvoryToast)
    Meh I am the same, i've never done anything with a girl (I'm a guy). I just want to wait until it seems right. I know many people who are so desperate and end up in unhealthy relationships. I'm happy so long as i have many friends and know i'll find someone in the end
    Yeah, I guess I just have to change my mentality and realise it will happen when it happens.

(Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    I'm 19 and I have never had a girlfriend, been kissed, or been romantically involved with someone. I think we are meant to be.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just kidding . Seriously though I have barely done anything with a girl so don't worry about it. For now just focus on more important things in life because it will eventually happen when you least expect it.
    Hahaha! And yeah I guess you're right, I just have to be patient, but thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    As you can see plenty of people your age are in your position. No need to panic, just live your life and the chances are you will find a boyfriend when you least expect it.

(Original post by whorace)
    I don't think it's average no, so it's definitely not normal. There is quite a lot of people who are in the same boat though so don't worry.

I can tell you it is almost certainly your fault, there is likely a few guys wanting to kiss you right now.
    Without trying to sound attention seeking, I highly doubt that, most guys see me as a "friend". With that being said, when I do like someone, I stupidly end up setting them with my bestfriend. Don't ask me why, I guess it's just a way to talk to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Without trying to sound attention seeking, I highly doubt that, most guys see me as a "friend". With that being said, when I do like someone, I stupidly end up setting them with my bestfriend. Don't ask me why, I guess it's just a way to talk to them.
    Kiss one of your single friends and tell them you were dared. If you are still a friend when you come back fair play.

Might not work on insecure guys though they'll get attached and resent you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.