Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My glasses give me really bad headaches but my contacts dont. My vision seems perfect with glasses, and also when i asked the optician about it they brushed it off because apparently my sight hasnt changed. I don't wear my glasses ever, I've had contacts for little under a year and even before that i would only use my glasses in class to see the board. Also, my eyes aren't that bad. My contact prescription is only -1.5 and -1.25.

Any advice on how to help the headaches? Theyre fine as soon as my glasses are off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just wear contacts then? Pretty simple solution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Just wear contacts then? Pretty simple solution
    I can only wear them for 12 hours a day, cant sleep in them, cant have water contact with them and around 6 days a week. It isn't ideal when im in bed at night trying to watch tv and can't see or whatever. It's always nice to have the options to wear glasses as well. If you don't have a solution maybe just don't say anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alana_p)
    My glasses give me really bad headaches but my contacts dont. My vision seems perfect with glasses, and also when i asked the optician about it they brushed it off because apparently my sight hasnt changed. I don't wear my glasses ever, I've had contacts for little under a year and even before that i would only use my glasses in class to see the board. Also, my eyes aren't that bad. My contact prescription is only -1.5 and -1.25.

Any advice on how to help the headaches? Theyre fine as soon as my glasses are off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How old are your current spectacles? if there more than 2 years old you should have a sight test anyways, if there less then 2 years old or you've had a recent full sight test you should go and see them again and mention your headaches, including all your symptoms ( your optometrist will ask you a few questions too such as where relative to your head it is, how frequent and whether its after reading for a long period of time) But basically cut a long story short if you believe its related to your spectacles go and see your optometrist again, its unhealthy for your eyes to only wear contact lenses 24/7 you should have a pair of spectacles to give your eyes a break.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure your glasses are properly made? Correct RX (no over-correction)? Correct PD? Good quality lenses? Proper angle tilt?
    Many factors can cause headaches while wearing glasses.
    Do you feel the headache all the time or only for up-close?
    When do you wear your glasses?

Your prescription is really not high at all, do you really feel you need glasses all the time? I miss having -1.5...

ReputationRep:
    I tend to get my eyes checked every 18 months or so. For the past five to six years, I was getting them checked from a large, nation-wide opticians but was also having headaches and blurry vision after three months of wearing them. I went to a small, local opticians in my city and the optometrist found that my glasses were not the right correction.

Point being: try getting a second vision test and see if it's similar. Alternatively, go see an Ophthalmologist to make sure everything is OK.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.