Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, looking for some advice on my hair. I'm naturally blonde but have had the top of my hair dyed at a salon for a balyage ombre look. However, after being promised a light brown on top, my hairdresser has given me quite a dark brown ashy look. I hate the brown and just want my blonde colour back now. She has asked me to come back in a few days to try and sort it but I'm worried that the brown will not lift out properly and I will end up with a gingery colour on top. The colour she used was a permanent colour and although it is only the top half of my hair that needs go be dyed I am worried it will ruin my hair. Can anyone offer any help, and should I do anything to try and lighten the colour before I go back to see her?
    Any advice anyone can offer would be amazing, so unhappy with the colour!

ReputationRep:
    This is a real shame.

Professional hair dressers have to complete a strand test 24 hours prior to any appointment. This is to test for allergies as well as colour results. Whilst it is not a legal requirement, it is the standard of professional practice, so if this was not done, you are entitled to a full refund. Express this to your hairdresser.

However, if this was done and you still agreed to the colour result, nothing can be done without further cost and damage.
    Any further processing on blonde hair will be highly damaging as it has a weaker structure than any other hair colour both naturally and bleached. You are right in thinking that stripping the colour out will cause a brassy undertone, even if minimal.

My advice to you would be to express these views to your hairdresser and wait for the brown to fade to prevent further risk of miscolouring or permanent damage. Alternatively, you could risk further processing in attempt to prevent a dark banner surrounding your crown once your roots start to come out....

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.