Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, looking for some advice on my hair. I'm naturally blonde but have had the top of my hair dyed at a salon for a balyage ombre look. However, after being promised a light brown on top, my hairdresser has given me quite a dark brown ashy look. I hate the brown and just want my blonde colour back now. She has asked me to come back in a few days to try and sort it but I'm worried that the brown will not lift out properly and I will end up with a gingery colour on top. The colour she used was a permanent colour and although it is only the top half of my hair that needs go be dyed I am worried it will ruin my hair. Can anyone offer any help, and should I do anything to try and lighten the colour before I go back to see her?Any advice anyone can offer would be amazing, so unhappy with the colour!

ReputationRep:
    Well for a start they should have done a patch test 24 hours prior to your appointment, this is to check for allergy AND colour result-if they didn't it was unsafe practice and you should be entitled to a refund. A stripper will turn your hair orange but they may be able to dye it a similar blonde....i personally wouldn't risk it because its all extra damage on top of your hair.

The darker brown will fade a lot lighter over the next few months....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.