Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i have 2 electric blue day geckos and my parents are unwilling to look after them when i go to uni. They are housed in a small vivarium 30cmx30xmx45cm and i was wondering whether this would be allowed in student accomodation. thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine not, they do room inspections at pretty much every room and that would be hard to hide..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=AdorableDrip;62859941]I would imagine not, they do room inspections at pretty much every room and that would be hard to hide..

thanks for the info
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My halls specifically said not even goldfish so afraid it's probably not possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    My halls specifically said not even goldfish so afraid it's probably not possible.
    Yeah i gathered as such, i wasnt planning on going uni when i got them and they are critically endangered and i have quite a rare find in having a breeding pair.. I would hate to have to get rid of them.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by dbrack)
    Yeah i gathered as such, i wasnt planning on going uni when i got them and they are critically endangered and i have quite a rare find in having a breeding pair.. I would hate to have to get rid of them.
    One option is to go for a shared house with a private landlord which might give you a better chance of keeping them but you can always ask.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking as a pro-reptile keeper, your maintenance of a breeding pair of these little tinkers is commendable. They aren't easy to keep happy. However, even I would have to observe that it would be daft to mould your future around some small lizards. It might be better to contact your local (or relatively local) reptile keeping society/club and see if you can pass them on to another experienced keeper.

Uni will just be the start of your journey. In all likelihood, you'll then be moving to find work and will find yourself in the standard No Pets private renting market. As you know, your lizards are fragile and won't appreciate being moved once or twice a year. It's usual for uni accommodation not to be available over the summer even in the private sector, so you'll most likely end up moving them home and then back for the next academic year.

Probably best to plan ahead and find them another responsible owner while you have the time to find the right person.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.