Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

19/M | Back from Australia after a year due to sneaking on a plane to get there. AMA watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I was drunk one night and was like "I wanna go to Australia" so I took a taxi to the airport and left my wallet in it. I didn't have a battery on my phone and had no money so I snuck through the employee areas of the airport and snuck my way into a crowd that was boarding a Virgin Australia plane. After a long flight, I landed and went to the closest hotel. I asked for a charger to charge my phone and I made a Tweet saying I was here and wondered if anyone had a place to stay. Turns out my cousin was working there for a year so he let me stay with him on the condition that I worked or studied so I studied at a small local college.
    About 2 weeks ago I got a visit from Australian Immigration officers who asked me a few questions and then arrested me. I then got put back on a flight to the UK and I'm facing various charges. Long story short I now have a criminal record. AMA. :2012:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turbo1)
    WTF! Wow. How long were you there for before you got found?
    A good few months. I'd say about 4 or 5. Surprised nobody said anything back home.

ReputationRep:
    Are you white?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nununu)
    Are you white?
    Yes. I have a tan but that's a sun tan.

ReputationRep:
    Cool story. Fake, but cool.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I am actually President Obama and I'm taking my A-Levels!!!!!!(!!!!!) Nice story though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Cool story. Fake, but cool.
    Name:  me aus.png
Views: 65
Size:  380.4 KB
    I am on the left. My cousin is on the right

ReputationRep:
    I've seen enough Border Force to know they wouldn't just let you walk off a plane, through the airport and to the nearest hotel without checking your passport and reasons for being in the country. Try harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    I've seen enough Border Force to know they wouldn't just let you walk off a plane, through the airport and to the nearest hotel without checking your passport and reasons for being in the country. Try harder.
    Mate border force is only for those drug smuggling curries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDonger64)
    So basically, I was drunk one night and was like "I wanna go to Australia" so I took a taxi to the airport and left my wallet in it. I didn't have a battery on my phone and had no money so I snuck through the employee areas of the airport and snuck my way into a crowd that was boarding a Virgin Australia plane. After a long flight, I landed and went to the closest hotel. I asked for a charger to charge my phone and I made a Tweet saying I was here and wondered if anyone had a place to stay. Turns out my cousin was working there for a year so he let me stay with him on the condition that I worked or studied so I studied at a small local college.
    About 2 weeks ago I got a visit from Australian Immigration officers who asked me a few questions and then arrested me. I then got put back on a flight to the UK and I'm facing various charges. Long story short I now have a criminal record. AMA. :2012:

-1/10 trolling

Failed to manipulate photo enough

http://www.gotceleb.com/arianny-cele...h-in-sydney-07

op caught within 10 mins gg life.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Cool story.

ReputationRep:
    how did you manage to get a straight flight to Australia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDonger64)
    Mate border force is only for those drug smuggling curries
    No, there are also people on it who bring food into the country without declaring and those entering Australia to work/study without the required visa (kinda like you...)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.