Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, i'm doing my core science GCSEs this year and was wondering if anyone knows any in depth good revision guides? I've heard the cgp ones are quite good, but other people say they're not very in depth with all the detail. but im not sure. Im aiming to get an A or A*.

Personally, for gcse's id say cgp is fine because that covers everything the exam board can test you on.
    But if you want a bit more detail i found this make helpful

www.mygcsescience.com all core/unit 1's videos are free together with cgp books. I'm aiming for A/A* and our school gave us the books so they must be good. I'd say its past papers that give you the edge as some of it is understanding the exam technique

I've known people who used the CGP books and got A*s. I use them and although they are less professional, they are still good for me! You could, however, use the AQA guides (if thats what exam board you have) which are laid out more neatly and pretty much include the same stuff.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.