Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got a rejected email from the uni this morning, but nothing is updated at UCAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonbabes)
    Got a rejected email from the uni this morning, but nothing is updated at UCAS
    Nottingham needs to send the information to Ucas, and Ucas then needs to update Track. These things take time.

ReputationRep:
    It sometimes doesn't update on track for quite some while, they might send the rejection by track at a later date. Good luck with your other choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Nottingham needs to send the information to Ucas, and Ucas then needs to update Track. These things take time.
    (Original post by mariapops)
    It sometimes doesn't update on track for quite some while, they might send the rejection by track at a later date. Good luck with your other choices!
    But me and my friend got rejected the same day, and her Ucas changed

ReputationRep:
    But me and my friend got rejected the same day, and her Ucas changed
    Means absolutely nothing. The data input is done in batches, so you are obviously in different ones, probably on surname or ID number or date of application. It won't mean yours is a mistake, if that's what you are hoping, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Means absolutely nothing. The data input is done in batches, so you are obviously in different ones, probably on surname or ID number or date of application. It won't mean yours is a mistake, if that's what you are hoping, I'm afraid.
    Oh . They emailed me that I'm rejected. They replied they like my application, but there's a limited of places. Surely that reason isn't valid?

Then I rang him up and he said he'll recheck my application and give feedback

ReputationRep:
    Oh . They emailed me that I'm rejected. They replied they like my application, but there's a limited of places. Surely that reason isn't valid?

Then I rang him up and he said he'll recheck my application and give feedback
    Why is is not a valid reason? They have more applicants than they can accommodate, so they have to turn some down. What else can they do?

ReputationRep:
    Why is is not a valid reason? They have more applicants than they can accommodate, so they have to turn some down. What else can they do?
    They should've at least invite me to an interview. Oh well I've emailed them , and that's it. Are Uni open on weekends?

ReputationRep:
    They should've at least invite me to an interview. Oh well I've emailed them , and that's it. Are Uni open on weekends?
    They won't invite you to interview if a) that's not the way they normally choose candidates or b) you didn't make the cut. They have been nice in saying that they liked your application because that is the common courtesy which surrounds these transactions, but they didn't like it enough to go any further with it. Emailing to find out why they didn't may help you with any future applications, but it is unlikely to be detailed because they don't have the time and in any case, the answer is likely to be along the lines of, 'Yeah, but others were better.' Admissions tutors work office hours, so don't expect a response immediately because, to be brutally frank, you are not their priority now.

ReputationRep:
    They won't invite you to interview if a) that's not the way they normally choose candidates or b) you didn't make the cut. They have been nice in saying that they liked your application because that is the common courtesy which surrounds these transactions, but they didn't like it enough to go any further with it. Emailing to find out why they didn't may help you with any future applications, but it is unlikely to be detailed because they don't have the time and in any case, the answer is likely to be along the lines of, 'Yeah, but others were better.' Admissions tutors work office hours, so don't expect a response immediately because, to be brutally frank, you are not their priority now.
    Right. Thanks, but I think I am going to ring them up

ReputationRep:
    When I got rejected by UCL they simply gave the excuse 'the course is full' when I applied in October last year. It does happen, they cannot accommodate everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizmoo0721)
    When I got rejected by UCL they simply gave the excuse 'the course is full' when I applied in October last year. It does happen, they cannot accommodate everyone.
    What r u doing now

ReputationRep:
    UCAS Track is closed this weekend to prepare for Extra.

Any decisions that Unis sent to UCAS late on Friday will therefore not appear until Monday at the earliest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizmoo0721)
    If they actually used the phrase 'course full' and you applied before the Jan deadline this is not 'equal consideration' and you should contact UCAS. However, if this is your interpretation of their decision which was actually based on 'you did not rank as highly as other applicants and we are not making any more offers' that is totally different. Be careful how you interpret things - and what you say here about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    If they actually used the phrase 'course full' and you applied before the Jan deadline this is not 'equal consideration' and you should contact UCAS. However, if this is your interpretation of their decision which was actually based on 'you did not rank as highly as other applicants and we are not making any more offers' that is totally different. Be careful how you interpret things - and what you say here about that.
    Thank you for your application for the B401 MNutr Nutrition & Dietetics course. Unfortunately we are unable to make you an offer on your first choice of study at Nottingham. We have a limited number of places for this very popular course, which has attracted a large number of high-quality applications this year.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your application for the B401 MNutr Nutrition & Dietetics course. Unfortunately we are unable to make you an offer on your first choice of study at Nottingham. We have a limited number of places for this very popular course, which has attracted a large number of high-quality applications this year.
    That's not 'course full'. That's 'you didn't make the cut'.

Admissions will pace themselves through the admissions cycle, and will have a good idea of the quality of applicants that they get, both in previous years and in the cycle so far. Unfortunately it seems that you were not of the sort of quality that would get you on to the course.

However, had you applied later in the cycle with a stronger application (grades, work experience, PS, and whatever else they require) then you would have got in.

ReputationRep:
    This isnt 'we've run out of offers' or 'the course is full'.

Its a polite version of 'you weren't good enough and we've chosen the people we want', ie. you weren't one of the 'high quality applications' who we actually did make an offer to and that is why we rejected you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    That's not 'course full'. That's 'you didn't make the cut'.

Admissions will pace themselves through the admissions cycle, and will have a good idea of the quality of applicants that they get, both in previous years and in the cycle so far. Unfortunately it seems that you were not of the sort of quality that would get you on to the course.

However, had you applied later in the cycle with a stronger application (grades, work experience, PS, and whatever else they require) then you would have got in.
    This isnt 'we've run out of offers' or 'the course is full'.

Its a polite version of 'you weren't good enough and we've chosen the people we want', ie. you weren't one of the 'high quality applications' who we actually did make an offer to and that is why we rejected you.
    My predicted grades were much higher than what they were asking, and my application was strong.

But then they said-->
    However, we are impressed by your strong academic profile and evident interest in the subject area, and we would still very much like for you to join us at Nottingham. We’d like to make you an offer for the following alternative course: B400 Nutrition (BSc)

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grades were much higher than what they were asking, and my application was strong.

But then they said-->
    However, we are impressed by your strong academic profile and evident interest in the subject area, and we would still very much like for you to join us at Nottingham. We’d like to make you an offer for the following alternative course: B400 Nutrition (BSc)
    They don't make offers just on grade predictions, and who says your application was 'strong' - you?

Clearly your PS was not as good as those who had the same, or better, grades than you but did get an offer.

Of course they are going to say nice things before they offer you another course - they are still trying to get you into their Uni.

You can dress this up how you like to satisfy your ego (ie. I was so brilliant but they just couldnt accommodate me) or you can face the hard truth that you were simply not good enough for an offer, and other people certainly were.

ReputationRep:
    They don't make offers just on grade predictions. Who says you application was 'strong' - you?

Why do you think they ask for a Personal Statement? Clearly yours was not as good as those who had the same, or better, grades than you but you did get an offer.

Of course they are going to say nice things before they offer you another course - they are still trying to get you into their Uni.

You can dress this up how you like to satisfy your ego (ie. I was so brilliant but they just couldnt accommodate me) or you can face the hard truth that you were simply not good enough for an offer, and other people certainly were.
    I'll be at ease once I ring them up on Monday so I can brutally just face the fact. You're right, but I don't think my application was any less unless they backed me out for doing a BTEC rather than an Alevel. Either way I believe everything happens for a reason. Life doesn't go like you plan at times, and we can do nothing about it, but to embrace it positively x

Thanks for your time! I think I should research on how I am going to travel to COVENTRY! xx

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.