Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Calling all OCR A Level LAW Students (AS Level/Aspiring Law Students) Watch

ReputationRep:
    *Calling all OCR A Level LAW Students (AS Level/Aspiring Law Students*

If you are not studying Law under OCR then this thread isn't for you

I'm currently an A2 Student studying Law and last year I got 96% in Law overall with 118/120 on Unit 1 (English Legal System) and I'm wondering whether to write a revision guide for students.
    The revision guide I would write would be different to other revision guides out there for two reasons: It would be wrote by a student and the guide will be in the formatted in essays. .

I want your opinion on whether or not this is a good idea and if you would buy it/recommend to a friend who's studying law or any comments you'd like to give me. Thanks for reading this,

ReputationRep:
    pls

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had seen this before as it would have been very helpful but the exam is tomorrow! Any tips as I will probably get a B but am aiming for an A?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amberhs99)
    I wish I had seen this before as it would have been very helpful but the exam is tomorrow! Any tips as I will probably get a B but am aiming for an A?!
    My main tip is make sure you're prepared, plan every single essay that could possibly come up so you won't be in shock if these questions come up. Ask your teacher, friends or even figure out yourself which are the most likely questions to come up and revise these the most but don't forget the other essays.

If you have essays that are marked see where you went wrong and compare them to mark scheme, try and get some more essays (especially the ones likely to come up) marked by your teacher or even mark them yourself. Also you can read examiner reports to see common mistakes you can prevent yourself from doing.

Good luck in your exam and if anything goes wrong don't panic! (and also make sure to answer the right questions, a few people i know selected topics we didn't even cover...)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am currently an A2 Law student doing the OCR exam board. I did have a teacher but they were really bad and got sacked basically. So we are currently teaching ourselves until we get a new teacher which won't be until January at the earliest. But before my teacher left, he didn't teach us exam technique at all so does anyone have any tips for exam technique for the Criminal Law Paper and the Special Study Paper. Also, we have no idea how to Special Study Paper even works, if anyone could explain how the Special Study Paper works I would really appreciate it as we have no idea what to do with it. As we have the pre-release material for the Criminal Special Study Paper but our teacher never told us how we use it for the paper or even show us the paper, looking at the past papers it doesn't make sense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.