Turn on thread page Beta

Is Gove backing Brexit just Osborne plotting? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yes I believe that Gove is convinced that he wants to leave the EU. But, could it have been sanctioned by Cameron and Osborne? This is an interesting article by Dan Hodges.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...c-enemies.html

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts.

Before reform : stop migrant benefits and child benefits
    after reform 19th feb : migrant benefits stop after 2020 .erm, has anyone noticed it is now 2016 ?

Before reform : cut EU red tape and trade with the world
    after reform 19th feb : we already do trade with the world ??

Before reform : joining an "ever closer union"
    after reform 19th feb : I have no idea how this can be measured or even defined

Osborne will be happy because Gove will be out of the leadership bid,
    also remember Theresa May's conference speech which was approved by Downing Street, perhaps to make her look bad.

Yes, he has a great political mind.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by LordMallard)
    Yes I believe that Gove is convinced that he wants to leave the EU. But, could it have been sanctioned by Cameron and Osborne? This is an interesting article by Dan Hodges.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...c-enemies.html

As gove is a friend of a friend to me, from what I've heard he is Eurosceptic, however he has some interesting views. He has a left-wing view on prisons, and thinks that rehab is key, yet he also is on the fence on the death penalty. He in this respect is a man who follows very passionately his beliefs. His time as education secretary proved that to most. The fact that he is coming out as a eurosceptic further proves that he follows his beliefs with a passion, an admirable trait for a future conservative leader, no?

I don't think he's out for the bid, nor do the Telegraph readers too really.

ReputationRep:
    Gove is an ideologue so if he is campaigning for Out, its because he believes it. He's not a calculated political strategist like Boris Johnson. In fact I don't think Gove really does political strategy well that's why he makes so many enemies.

I think whatever you think of Gove, and many don't like him, you can't deny that he is his own person. He has strong views on every issue but he has thought them through and has a reason for it.

ReputationRep:
    Many people think if we leave and boris goes into the out campaign he is certain for the next leader

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.