Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would you read a futuristic novel in which the UK is ruled over by a benevolent absolute monarch who saved the country from a financial/banking crisis in the past, but keeps making grander and grander plans (galactic colonization, world state, machine singularity)? The plot is set in British States of America, the original thirteen colonies that were taken back from the US due to UK's use of robotic soldiers. It doesn't have a single protagonist for the first half of the novel, but is told through a series of letters that explain events from 2018 to 2030, the year in which the novel is set.

I don't need you to tell me how viable or probable the idea is, I just want to know if the plot seems promising and readable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Would you read a futuristic novel in which the UK is ruled over by a benevolent absolute monarch who saved the country from a financial/banking crisis in the past, but keeps making grander and grander plans (galactic colonization, world state, machine singularity)? The plot is set in British States of America, the original thirteen colonies that were taken back from the US due to UK's use of robotic soldiers. It doesn't have a single protagonist for the first half of the novel, but is told through a series of letters that explain events from 2018 to 2030, the year in which the novel is set.

I don't need you to tell me how viable or probable the idea is, I just want to know if the plot seems promising and readable.
    Sounds very interesting, I would definitely give it a read!

ReputationRep:
    Any other ideas? I want to hear your opinions!

ReputationRep:
    Soz Asimov

No, I think it sounds rather lame but I have read far far worse so go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)

I would be interested!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.