Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When someone says you are sweet what does this mean? When someone says that is so sweet what does this mean? Is this much the same as the use of the word nice?

ReputationRep:
    Tone of voice is important, i'd say it's less suggestive than nice. It's quite a specific word meaning it was likely chosen with specific meaning. I'd say it's almost certainly friendly rather than romantic.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a girl? Most probably means they would like to do unspeakable things with you. If you're a guy you're seriously friendzoned.

(Original post by Zarek)
    Are you a girl? Most probably means they would like to do unspeakable things with you. If you're a guy you're seriously friendzoned.
    I'm a girl who is described as 'sweet', 'lovely' and 'demure' and I get put in the friendzone. I'm gonna be bittersweet from now on.... They won't know what hit 'em....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a girl who is described as 'sweet', 'lovely' and 'demure' and I get put in the friendzone. I'm gonna be bittersweet from now on.... They won't know what hit 'em....
    What does bittersweet entail?

ReputationRep:
    Err I guess it depends on the person, the context, and the way they conveyed it.

It's generally along the lines of nice/kind/lovely/romantic though... scarcely used by itself in a negative connotation unless sarcasm is involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Trust me... you're never in the friendzone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Nah I call my SO sweet all the time, it doesn't necessarily mean friend zoned. I love that he's sweet.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.