best timetable for revision ,effective revison ?

Watch
chillygirl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
got 8 gcse subjects examination in less than 3 months ,any effective way to revise for them all (apart from doing past papers ),also how can i organise my time with revision and be able to revise for all the subjects ...
Gingerbread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chillygirl)
got 8 gcse subjects examination in less than 3 months ,any effective way to revise for them all (apart from doing past papers ),also how can i organise my time with revision and be able to revise for all the subjects ...
The best thing to do is not to make a strict time schedule. Make a checklist at the start of every day of the things you want to achieve, it makes everything look a lot more achievable and will motivate you

Also, you should try making this graph for all of your subjects:
Name:  WP_20160218_001.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  510.7 KB
Plot all of your topics on there, and revise them in the order that the sections are labelled

In terms of effective ways to revise, you could try condensing your notes so you fit each topic onto an A4 page, then again onto an A5, and keep going down until each topic is the size of a flashcard. You could also write key words and definitions on post it notes around your room, and on flashcards that you can take with you to revise on the go
skylightflower
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hey! Just saw this, its brilliant!

I'm a bit confused on how to use this graph method?

What do plot on the graph? crosses or do I actually write the subject down?
chillygirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gingerbread101)
The best thing to do is not to make a strict time schedule. Make a checklist at the start of every day of the things you want to achieve, it makes everything look a lot more achievable and will motivate you

Also, you should try making this graph for all of your subjects:
Name:  WP_20160218_001.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  510.7 KB
Plot all of your topics on there, and revise them in the order that the sections are labelled

In terms of effective ways to revise, you could try condensing your notes so you fit each topic onto an A4 page, then again onto an A5, and keep going down until each topic is the size of a flashcard. You could also write key words and definitions on post it notes around your room, and on flashcards that you can take with you to revise on the go
thankyou so much that was so helpful
petrblak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Student Room's 'Get Revising' is great for resources like past papers, mind maps flashcards etc. and also has this awesome Study Planner which you can use to plan study sessions and is very helpful for getting on with revision.

Good Luck!
chillygirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by petrblak)
The Student Room's 'Get Revising' is great for resources like past papers, mind maps flashcards etc. and also has this awesome Study Planner which you can use to plan study sessions and is very helpful for getting on with revision.

Good Luck!
thankyou and just made my study planner a while ago ,i hope i stick to it !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (55)
13.99%
Virtual campus tours/open days (90)
22.9%
Live streaming events (38)
9.67%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (38)
9.67%
A uni comparison tool (88)
22.39%
An in-person event when available (84)
21.37%