Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 17- anything I should kno so I can be confident & independent? watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    http://thoughtcatalog.com/patty-redu...-i-knew-at-17/

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/17/17-thi...as-17-5067238/

http://www.seventeen.com/life/a34228...ingrid-nilsen/

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy and work hard throughout all your college years, spend time with family & friends, and most of all be kind to everyone you meet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonbabes)
    The best possible advice:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Get a part time job, don't rely on others for money, take driving lessons, learn to cook your own meals and do your own washing and cleaning.

ReputationRep:
    Nice x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentxoxo)
    Enjoy and work hard throughout all your college years, spend time with family & friends, and most of all be kind to everyone you meet
    Aww 😀 I'm kind, and I work hard

(Original post by Reue)
    The best possible advice:

Hate the background music / beat. Nice advice tho 😊😊

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    Lool really?

(Original post by chikane)
    Get a part time job, don't rely on others for money, take driving lessons, learn to cook your own meals and do your own washing and cleaning.
    I'm getting there 😯

ReputationRep:
    Aww 😀 I'm kind, and I work hard

Hate the background music / beat. Nice advice tho 😊😊

Lool really?

I'm getting there 😯
    Sounds all good beautiful, Goodluck with everything, if you need any help with college in general or the work then don't hesitate to message me x

ReputationRep:
    Sounds all good beautiful, Goodluck with everything, if you need any help with college in general or the work then don't hesitate to message me x
    Aww thanks I will! 😘.
    Just need to remember not to trust / expect anything from anyone

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Dont use one source for all your information, read around and then form an opinion or read academic journals, its easy to find an echo chamber with views you agree on with but you need to stay open minded.

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks I will! 😘.
    Just need to remember not to trust / expect anything from anyone
    Anytime plus there's loads of resources online to make use of them and im sure you'll do amazing
    Just remember who you are and what you want from life and you'll be surprised where life takes you College is the perfect time to build yourself as a person

ReputationRep:
    Don't give a single **** about what anyone thinks, this is your life and your happiness is the most important thing. Prioritise yourself, always. You're the only person who will always be there! Also stop saying no to opportunities, even if you feel kinda tired, go do that thing, in a few years you'll wonder why you didn't. Make the most of your friends being near, soon you'll be far apart and busy and wish you made the most of that time together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Kitchener)
    Dont use one source for all your information, read around and then form an opinion or read academic journals, its easy to find an echo chamber with views you agree on with but you need to stay open minded.
    Good idea 😊

Anytime plus there's loads of resources online to make use of them and im sure you'll do amazing
    Just remember who you are and what you want from life and you'll be surprised where life takes you College is the perfect time to build yourself as a person
    Yeah x I love challenges x I need to sort and try new things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicstars64)
    Don't give a single **** about what anyone thinks, this is your life and your happiness is the most important thing. Prioritise yourself, always. You're the only person who will always be there! Also stop saying no to opportunities, even if you feel kinda tired, go do that thing, in a few years you'll wonder why you didn't. Make the most of your friends being near, soon you'll be far apart and busy and wish you made the most of that time together.
    Oh my this is amazing!
    Yeah I need to stop thinking about others that much , and think about myself.

I'd spend time with my friends, but tbh I haven't made proper friends/ the type that hangs out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.