Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey can anyone help me I'm about to start revising for my AS level biology exam that is in the summer I was wondering if you have any tips or ways to revise that you have found successful if I start revising now will I be able to achieve a high grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerenAkp)
    Hey can anyone help me I'm about to start revising for my AS level biology exam that is in the summer I was wondering if you have any tips or ways to revise that you have found successful if I start revising now will I be able to achieve a high grade?
    just like you used to do in GCSEs
    make sure that you understand the content, if not then look it up on the google or there are some great videos on the certain topic you are looking for
    And if you know your content then do past papers and use the mark scheme
    or you can ask your teacher to mark the paper for you (i think she/he won't mind it)
    and if you lose any marks then make sure that you know where you lost some marks and then try again on the same question and then see if you made any progress

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Buy the cgp revision guides! They bridge the understanding from GCSE to AS. Write loads of notes don't skip anything you might think won't come up cause they always do ;-; Do all the summary questions in the textbook and write down corrections. Do loads of past papers. PM me if you need more advice

ReputationRep:
    For Biology I would recommend using the official textbook for your exam board and the CGP revision guide for your specific exam board because that should cover all the information you will need. Using these two books make thorough notes using YouTube videos, posters, mind maps, cue cards etc. whatever suits you. After making your notes, you need to make sure that you know all the information off by heart. You can do this by discussing topics with your friends, writing down notes again and again or covering your notes and saying it out aloud. Once you know all the information by heart, you can then move onto the past papers where you will have to apply your knowledge. After doing past papers, go back to the questions that you got wrong and memorise the answers from the mark scheme for the questions you got wrong. Also for the questions got wrong go back memorise topics that you are struggling on and attempt the questions again. Keep repeating this process until you are getting over 90% in your past papers. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou all do u think 4 months will be enough ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.