Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've received an unconditional offer from De Montfort for Advertising and Marketing and am seriously considering taking the offer, however the fact that it is in the same city as Leicester University puts me off a tad.

Two universities in the same city of course mean that they're going to be compared against each other more than others. Leicester Uni is much further up the league tables, and so, almost automatically, the general opinion seems to be that De Montfort is the lesser university. I see and hear people putting it down a lot and honestly, it's kind of a bummer to hear, because I really like DMU.

What I'd like to know is, does this kind of stigma carry on into your experience at De Montfort? Are you ever made to feel like the 'lesser' university, just because Leicester Uni's higher up in the league tables?

ReputationRep:
    Go to DMU if you like it. You'll probably see a lot of jokes about your university on yik yak but who cares. The most important thing is that you're happy with your choice.

ReputationRep:
    It's never going to be more than just Yik Yak banter, once you leave uni and have your degree, no one will care where you came from.

+ I just got my unconditional offer too for marketing, I haven't even been to an open day yet but I will probably accept it regardless

ReputationRep:
    Don't mean to sound harsh but... you really shouldn't care how others perceive you so much. It's your choice and your path, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I go to DMU and I love it. I think there's a bit of banter, but I've not experienced any myself.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.