Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just recently broke up with my boyfriend of one year and I've found myself struggling to find friends or a hobby to occupy my time with. I mostly spend my time either watch television or completing university work. Has anyone got any advice on how to find new friends or how to find a hobby?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Depending on your age, you could join the Cadets or the T'As to keep fit, active and gain friends. You could go to an LGBT group (to support them if your straight) and you could spend more time with family.

Keep with doing university work though, you will make friends through work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeniB)
    I've just recently broke up with my boyfriend of one year and I've found myself struggling to find friends or a hobby to occupy my time with. I mostly spend my time either watch television or completing university work. Has anyone got any advice on how to find new friends or how to find a hobby?
    Thanks.
    You could look into the societies at your Uni to see if anything peaks your interest, maybe something casual that you can attend sporadically in case you're busy with work or you could spend the time that you would spending watching tv learning an instrument or a new language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    You could look into the societies at your Uni to see if anything peaks your interest, maybe something casual that you can attend sporadically in case you're busy with work or you could spend the time that you would spending watching tv learning an instrument or a new language
    I'm worried I'm too late to apply to a society now :/ I'll defintely have a look into learning a new language though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeniB)
    I'm worried I'm too late to apply to a society now :/ I'll defintely have a look into learning a new language though.
    I'm sure the societies will be happy to at least let you know what they're about so you can get info in case you want to apply for next year and learning a new language would be a good use of your time too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeniB)
    definitely not societies are easy to join late as you're doing an activity so you aren't going to be so much a third wheel if they know each other, you can just do the activity and hang around and they're always happy to have new members

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps volunteer at charity shops you''ll feel great about yourself focus on ur studies and become the best you can!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.