Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

this has been really bugging me for awhile, i would appreaciate your feedback. I am attending a mid ranked university in Canada (ranked 50th), and i keep thinking i should try and transfer to another more prestigious school because i feel as i would be putting myself a step behind. Ultimately my question is....

Do employers in this day and age really care from what university you graduate from in Computer Science? I mean, at the end of the day we have the same degree and we have learnt for the most part the same content. I am also getting a dual degree, with Computer Science and Business Administration.

Thanks in advance!!

ReputationRep:
    Try CScareerquestions subreddit it's full of people from NA who sre in the field. They will probably tell you no it doesn't matter much if you have learnt a lot of stuff yourself on the side... Depending on what kind of role you're aiming for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trukanda)
    Hey guys,

this has been really bugging me for awhile, i would appreaciate your feedback. I am attending a mid ranked university in Canada (ranked 50th), and i keep thinking i should try and transfer to another more prestigious school because i feel as i would be putting myself a step behind. Ultimately my question is....

Do employers in this day and age really care from what university you graduate from in Computer Science? I mean, at the end of the day we have the same degree and we have learnt for the most part the same content. I am also getting a dual degree, with Computer Science and Business Administration.

Thanks in advance!!
    no

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.