Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Bit of an odd post, but I tipped a barber today and he looked a bit surprised. I always went to the local hairdressers, always got the same lady to cut my hair, it was cheap, and she did it quick plus she was pleasant, but she's now on maternity leave.

A barbers I previously went to on 2 or 3 times cost £23.99 so I didn't want to go back there, but I went to a new place that cost £14.99. The person cutting my hair did it the best it's probably ever looked and we had a good laugh/chat.

The only loose change I had was £1, not much but still something I guess, so I gave him it and he looked a bit surprised.

Would you not normally tip a barber? I always tipped the lady who used to cut my hair because the service was always good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2scotty)
    Hi!

Bit of an odd post, but I tipped a barber today and he looked a bit surprised. I always went to the local hairdressers, always got the same lady to cut my hair, it was cheap, and she did it quick plus she was pleasant, but she's now on maternity leave.

A barbers I previously went to on 2 or 3 times cost £23.99 so I didn't want to go back there, but I went to a new place that cost £14.99. The person cutting my hair did it the best it's probably ever looked and we had a good laugh/chat.

The only loose change I had was £1, not much but still something I guess, so I gave him it and he looked a bit surprised.

Would you not normally tip a barber? I always tipped the lady who used to cut my hair because the service was always good.
    I can only manage it with my one-legged barber

ReputationRep:
    You are male and you paid £24 for a haircut?

What the flying ****?

ReputationRep:
    I tip my hairdresser, I just round it up or add a few pounds extra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    You are male and you paid £24 for a haircut?

What the flying ****?
    I walked in to a barbers and didn't look at the prices. I didn't expect it to cost that much?!

ReputationRep:
    1) usually hairdressers **** up my hair - I'll say "just an inch" and I'll get 4 cut off. why would I reward them for ****ing up the *one* job they had? their one job was "just an inch" and even in that, they can't do it. hairdessers are dumb as rocks. I swear. if I could sue them I would. but usually I have to sit there like a chump, smiling saying "oh goodie, thank you so much"
    2) I dont tip *anybody*. it's pointless and it's a custom that makes no sense. I've already paid them for their service, so why would I want to pay they a second time? what for? what was the first payment for? and how does a student like me with no job find the cash to tip people? what am I, the prime minister? maybe they should tip me for smiling through their awful hairdressing session? besides, last time, for "just an inch", I got charged £14. *£14*. for 10 minutes, £14. most people make that much in more than an hour. I had to work 2+ hours at burger king over my summer to make as much as that. **** tipping. an guess if I got a single mf'ing tip durin my time at burger king? if not me, why them? people are happier getting given burgers than they are having their hairstyle demolished. at least I have respect for people who get served the wrong order at burger king when they complain - I don't have the balls to complain when I get my hairstyle ruined.

ReputationRep:
    wtf why u payin sm for a haircut bro

£9 or under for mens srsly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    1) usually hairdressers **** up my hair - I'll say "just an inch" and I'll get 4 cut off. why would I reward them for ****ing up the *one* job they had? their one job was "just an inch" and even in that, they can't do it. hairdessers are dumb as rocks. I swear. if I could sue them I would. but usually I have to sit there like a chump, smiling saying "oh goodie, thank you so much"
    2) I dont tip *anybody*. it's pointless and it's a custom that makes no sense. I've already paid them for their service, so why would I want to pay they a second time? what for? what was the first payment for? and how does a student like me with no job find the cash to tip people? what am I, the prime minister? maybe they should tip me for smiling through their awful hairdressing session? besides, last time, for "just an inch", I got charged £14. *£14*. for 10 minutes, £14. most people make that much in more than an hour. I had to work 2+ hours at burger king over my summer to make as much as that. **** tipping. an guess if I got a single mf'ing tip durin my time at burger king? if not me, why them? people are happier getting given burgers than they are having their hairstyle demolished. oh well.
    I think you may just want a new hairdresser...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    I think you may just want a new hairdresser...
    I go to a new one each time, usually. in two cities...even the professional hair salons (gheyyyy!) **** things up, although a little bit less. but why am I going to pay £20 for a inch off?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I cut my own as I no-guard buzz cut it.

When I did get hair cuts I didn't tip but I did often give the nearest amount I could using only notes and said don't worry which is more or less the same.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.