ReputationRep:
    Hi, I attend school in Ontario, Canada
    I would like to attend a UK medical school september 2017
    My marks so far are
    Physics (11) 91%
    Math (11) 90%
    Chem (11) 93%
    Chem (12) 88%
    Which university do you think I should apply for with these marks (I know they're not that great. Which ones do you think would consider me at least?)

Thank you, everyone, so so much!!!

ReputationRep:
    You're gonna need a grade12 chem mark of at least 90

That's the condition for several of the uni's

Edit: Ik cause I just got an conditional offer from SGUL, I'm also an canadian applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brookecanada)
    Hi, I attend school in Ontario, Canada
    I would like to attend a UK medical school september 2017
    My marks so far are
    Physics (11) 91%
    Math (11) 90%
    Chem (11) 93%
    Chem (12) 88%
    Which university do you think I should apply for with these marks (I know they're not that great. Which ones do you think would consider me at least?)

Thank you, everyone, so so much!!!
    Most schools want a 90% in Chem unfortunately, i'd apply for SGUL, St Andrews and a few other schools that will take you. You'll need to write the UKCAT of course and I would probably avoid the BMAT since the schools that take the BMAT rarely take Canadians who didn't do IB.

I'll spare you the whole rant about not being able to go back to Canada, but I will say that there have been proposals which the BMA is fighting to stop allowing international citizen UK medical students from staying in the UK, but not allowing them to get their Tier 2 Visa they need for specialty training. While i don't believe it will pass without an exemption for med students, if it does it will be absolutely devastating for international students.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.