Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, guys. Need some advice about this situation I face firstly watch

ReputationRep:
    I am postgraduate and study in Glasgow now.

In this academic year, I have one course that requires group assignment and every one should be allocated into one group.

I missed this first tutorial and ask e-mail to tutor for help. I said that could I join one group and attend tutorial in this week regarding miss one tutorial.

Then, the tutor reply me to said that " sorry, You shouldn't attend the tutorial now. As you can't attend tutorial, we will discuss your assignment lately"

I am shocked when I receive this e-mail. What? I can't attend the tutorial because I miss the first tutorial?

Moreover, I send one e-mail to explain it and ask for more help. Then, the tutor said" you should follow my advice. Don't attend the tutorial today and be patient. We are making decision." So, finally, today, I get information from tutor, they said" you are excluded from this Course. And, then You are limited to finish your dissertation because you are excluded from this course. However, you are allowed to deffer this course to Semester 2 of academic year 2016-2017. The decision is final".

So, I missed one tutorial and ask my professor for help. Then, they use deferral studying to help me.

I'm very sad now and don't know what should I do.

When I studied my undergraduate in University of Liverpool, I also miss one tutorial and have no group. I ask tutor for me. He just said, "Don't worry. I am glad to help you."

So sad now. Could I get some advice from here?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm sorry that's happened to you

Do you have a reason for why you missed the first tutorial, such as having an appointment? At my university tutorials are compulsory and pretty important, so they really expect you to attend them all, but if you have any proof that you couldn't attend (e.g. a doctor's note) then it will be understood.

Is there anybody that you could speak to about this? I'd certainly recommend asking to meet with your tutor in person to discuss what has happened. Other than that, does your university have an advice centre or course leader that you could go to?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.