Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How do I meet them? I've heard of groups such as Meetup, but they don't seem to attract people with my interests. Plus the activities they do aren't great.

Recently moved to a new town and struggling to expand my social circle. I'm at the gym at work; which people don't talk a lot.

Other than a sports group what else can I do? Colleagues live far away from our place of work too.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
I'm feeling the same, meet up looked like a dating website more than just making friends. I've joined a gym and that doesn't seem to have made my friendship circle any bigger! I'm at a lose end too.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm feeling the same, meet up looked like a dating website more than just making friends. I've joined a gym and that doesn't seem to have made my friendship circle any bigger! I'm at a lose end too.
loose
FrenchUnicorn
Badges: 17
Report 3 years ago
Definitely TSR :3
GUMI
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
facebook.
lo24la
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Where I live (USA), there are book clubs, painting classes, anime clubs, community meetings/gatherings, and a number of other activities to get you out and about in your community! Is there anything like that for you? If so, I would go to meet more people ^_^

Also, taking up a hobby is a great way to meet new people! If you don't have time for a hobby, go to places where you can socialize with people like the gym, night clubs, or your local park
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (272)
67.16%
No (133)
32.84%

Watched Threads