Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are these feelings normal for a first date? Watch

I went on a first date with a guy I'd been texting for a while. We really enjoyed ourselves. He gave me a hug and asked if he would see me again. I said yes of course. We're going on another date next week. I had butterflies for lots of the date, especially when we hugged. It felt like I was walking on air. Are these feelings normal?

Someone I know spotted us, and he told me he knew straight away it was a date and it was really obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I went on a first date with a guy I'd been texting for a while. We really enjoyed ourselves. He gave me a hug and asked if he would see me again. I said yes of course. We're going on another date next week. I had butterflies for lots of the date, especially when we hugged. It felt like I was walking on air. Are these feelings normal?

Someone I know spotted us, and he told me he knew straight away it was a date and it was really obvious.
    Wow, are you like 12 or something?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's normal. It shows you like him. I don't know why you even have to ask if liking the person you're dating is normal.

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    Yes, that's normal. It shows you like him. I don't know why you even have to ask if liking the person you're dating is normal.
    This is my first time finding someonr I like and that I have a chance with. So I'm just making sure what I feel is "normal" if you get me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Those feelings are totally normal, and some of the best feelings to experience, so definitely don't feel bad for feeling them . Roll with it and see where it goes!

"Life is about love, last minutes and lost evenings,
    about fire in our bellies and furtive little feelings,
    and the aching amplitudes that set our needles all a-flickering,
    and help us with remembering that the only thing that's left to do is live."
    -Frank Turner

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.