What equations are not given in the formula booklet?

Watch
GarlicBread01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm doing AQA AS Physics (the new spec) and it seems like most of the formulas are given to us in the formula booklet but I was wondering if there's a list somewhere with all the formulas not given that we need to remember?

Thanks
Mimir
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Look on the website for AQA. There is a pdf of the formula booklet you get in the exam.

Every equation you don't get given on the booklet can be derived from first principles in F=ma (but I wouldn't advise that, it's a very long way around!).
thefatone
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GarlicBread01)
Hi, I'm doing AQA AS Physics (the new spec) and it seems like most of the formulas are given to us in the formula booklet but I was wondering if there's a list somewhere with all the formulas not given that we need to remember?

Thanks
I think pretty much all the ones you'd ever need and would be asked on are the ones in the booklet so don't worry ^-^
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Thanks
IMO most of the problem is remembering what all the letters and symbols stand for... but make sure you can rearrange the equations for exponential decay e.g. capacitors and radioactive decay.

i.e.

N=N0e-λt
ln N - ln N0=-λt
username2176541
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Thanks
(Original post by Mimir)
Look on the website for AQA. There is a pdf of the formula booklet you get in the exam.

Every equation you don't get given on the booklet can be derived from first principles in F=ma (but I wouldn't advise that, it's a very long way around!).
(Original post by thefatone)
I think pretty much all the ones you'd ever need and would be asked on are the ones in the booklet so don't worry ^-^
(Original post by Joinedup)
IMO most of the problem is remembering what all the letters and symbols stand for... but make sure you can rearrange the equations for exponential decay e.g. capacitors and radioactive decay.

i.e.

N=N0e-λt
ln N - ln N0=-λt

Knock yourself out

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...A-7407-SDB.PDF
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.04%
Unhappy (54)
28.27%
Conflicted (93)
48.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed