Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, so less than 100 days to GCSEs ahhh😱😱! I created this to help me keep track of my revision, and as a motivation booster.
    My grades are as follows: (predicted grades on the left, aspirational grades in the middle and mock grades on the right.)

Science B A B
    Additional Science A A* A
    Maths A* A* A
    English Literature A A* B
    English Language A A* A
    Geography A A* B
    French A A B
    Music A A* B
    Pe A* A* A
    Re A A* A*

Feel free to comment any advise, tips and techniques!
    I am hoping to update this every day.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Awesome :rave: you are in the right kind of area with your predicted, mock and aspirational grades then (they are all close together)

Good luck with your blog! :rave:

ReputationRep:
    How much and what kind of revision are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=FlyingBird;62905287]How much and what kind of revision are you doing?

So far I have just done odd bits- flashcards, notes and mind maps but from tomorrow I have a checklist for everything I need to complete. I will start with note taking and flashcard learning but in about two weeks time I will move on to mostly past papers.
    Do you have any tips on other things I could do, I am still finishing off planning out my checklists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Awesome :rave: you are in the right kind of area with your predicted, mock and aspirational grades then (they are all close together)

Good luck with your blog! :rave:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    So today is my last day of my 1 week holiday😩. I am getting more nervous about GCSEs each day, and I don't know if I am doing enough revision. This week I have completed 20 hours of revision and my full revision schedule kicks in from tomorrow (12 weeks until the first exam.) I am in the process of creating revision checklists on each of my subjects, but I am worrying whether I am planning enough revision or not. In two weeks time I am going to begin doing morning study sessions before school, because although I love sleep you have to make sacrifices to succeed!
    Tomorrow after school I am going to do a P2 test and then write notes on B1 Topic 1. After that I need to do more on my PE coursework because if I get full marks in that then it will ensure I get a good grade.
    I am going to update this tomorrow and see if I can stick to my goals!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Hey good luck with everything - if you work hard you'll get those grades

If you want any help with anything let me know
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897511

ReputationRep:
    Today I got home from school at 4 10 and did a B2 past paper. I then had a 20 minute break until 5 30 and put my dinner in the oven ready to come out at 6. I spent 30 minutes doing literally nothing, ate my pasta bake and then got back on with revision at 6 30. At 6 30 I did a C2 and a P2 past paper until about 10 to 9. I didn't do my French or PE as I planned to and I have held off geography revision until form time tomorrow (The test is 4th lesson.)

Tomorrow I want to:
    6-6 45 B1 T1 science notes.
    4 30-5 30 PE coursework
    5 30-6 French Speaking Exam practise.

ReputationRep:
    So yesterday and today we're both unsuccessful😩😡. Yesterday I did 30 minutes of PE coursework, which I was going to do more of today but I managed to leave my memory stick somewhere in school😤. Today I did.... Ermm....Nothing😱😱. I am slightly annoyed with myself but I am just too stressed to even care right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irevisedalot)
    So yesterday and today we're both unsuccessful😩😡. Yesterday I did 30 minutes of PE coursework, which I was going to do more of today but I managed to leave my memory stick somewhere in school😤. Today I did.... Ermm....Nothing😱😱. I am slightly annoyed with myself but I am just too stressed to even care right now.
    Memory sticks are designed to be lost! I'm forever losing mine too. (Almost lost it this afternoon actually) Everyone needs days off to re-calibrate. Besides you've done loads of other things this week. You don't want to burn out before the actual exams,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    Memory sticks are designed to be lost! I'm forever losing mine too. (Almost lost it this afternoon actually) Everyone needs days off to re-calibrate. Besides you've done loads of other things this week. You don't want to burn out before the actual exams,
    I know, it's so frustrating because I knew excactly what I could be doing with my time but I just didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I had a relaxing evening, but did my PE T3 and T4 mind maps.
    Today I plan on doing:
    Notes on B1 T3
    B1 Past Paper
    Mark B1 Past Paper- Fill this grade in on my grade tracker.
    Maths non calc past paper
    Mark Maths Past Paper- Fill this grade in on my grade tracker.
    Learn paragraph 1 and 2 for my French speaking test on Wednesday.

I will update as to whether I have completed this or not later.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Today I plan on doing:
    Notes on B1 T3
    B1 Past Paper

Wow, that's quite a bit of work lined up good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Today I plan on doing:
    Notes on B1 T3
    B1 Past Paper

Good luck with everything you're aiming to do!
    I hope your French speaking goes well too, I hate them so much more than the writings...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    Good luck with everything you're aiming to do!
    I hope your French speaking goes well too, I hate them so much more than the writings...
    Thanks, I don't mind them as such for some reason. Everyone seems to be panicking about it but I am feeling fine.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I don't mind them as such for some reason. Everyone seems to be panicking about it but I am feeling fine.
    You're lucky then. Pronunciation is the tricky part for me.

ReputationRep:
    Made my B1 T3 notes this morning and I just completed a ver unsuccessful biology test. As its my first one I am only expecting to get a C, but I think it's only D material😖😖 Oh well, gonna go mark it now.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I had the most productive day so far! (Not being sarcastic there,) I was out in the morning but did revision/ general school work from 3pm-8pm.
    Today I just completed a B1 test and got 77% meaning an A- massive improvement from last time. Tonight I need to work on my French speaking for a few hours, complete section 4&5 of my PE coursework and maybe go over my B1 exam and write some notes on topics I struggled with.
    I want to put my timetable for each day, so I can check my levels of productivity, and anyone who is interested can have a look.

Monday 29th Feb-
    Wake up- 7 00
    Leave the house- 8 00
    School starts- 8 45
    School ends- 3 25
    Home- 4 15
    Revision starts- 4 30
    Revision ends- 5 30
    Dinner- 5 30- 6 00
    Revision starts 6 20
    Revision ends 7 40
    Shower- 7 40- 8 00
    Revision starts- 8 00
    Revision ends- 9 00
    Bedtime- 9 45

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.