MadCow_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I think law is what I want to study in uni, but I dont understand what you study over the 3/4 years. Can someone explain?
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MadCow_)
I think law is what I want to study in uni, but I dont understand what you study over the 3/4 years. Can someone explain?
I don't study law but I do have a module in law.
We study the different aspects of law such as tort law/civil law/criminal law and law&legal process. We learn about citations and how court cases are worded which I found quite interesting. As part of an assignment, we had to go to a magistrate and crown court so you of course learn the difference between the two. We mainly focus on criminal law and sentencing in criminal court procedures. Also learn how evidence is broken down into categories. We had another assignment on a rape case and we had to conclude whether we feel the man is guilty or not based on the evidence presented, that was quite fun.
I don't know much help this is but yeah. Would be best for you to have a look at the modules on the unis you're interested in. The 3/4 years will be broken down and it'll show you exactly what you'll be learning in that time
MadCow_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by cherryred90s)
I don't study law but I do have a module in law.
We study the different aspects of law such as tort law/civil law/criminal law and law&legal process. We learn about citations and how court cases are worded which I found quite interesting. As part of an assignment, we had to go to a magistrate and crown court so you of course learn the difference between the two. We mainly focus on criminal law and sentencing in criminal court procedures. Also learn how evidence is broken down into categories. We had another assignment on a rape case and we had to conclude whether we feel the man is guilty or not based on the evidence presented, that was quite fun.
I don't know much help this is but yeah. Would be best for you to have a look at the modules on the unis you're interested in. The 3/4 years will be broken down and it'll show you exactly what you'll be learning in that time
Thanks!
username2130115
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
look at the modules on a university website...
like_marmite
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Every qualifying law degree requires for you to have studied the seven foundation modules: criminal, contract, constitutional & administrative, EU, land, equity & trusts, tort. Alongside these modules, your university may require you to study some other modules, perhaps career or legal practice modules. The rest then will be optional modules which you choose according to your taste and perhaps career aspirations. Such modules might be family law, commercial, Sharia law (depending on the uni), and many other options.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (192)
14.3%
I'm not sure (59)
4.39%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.26%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.76%
I'm not a current university student (662)
49.29%

Watched Threads