Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I currently do Biology, Chemistry and Psychology for AS. In biology and psychology, I'm doing fine but chemistry is another story. My teacher is like a bully, she embarrasses you if you get a question wrong or if you look at her a wrong way so I've never been interested or even paid attention in her class because I know she'd still get really annoyed - I've done the bare minimum up until now (Feb). But now I've realised I need to focus and work hard in order to stay on the course for A2, is it still possible to atleast get a D or C at the end of AS? I'm currently working at an E grade and have been since the start of the year. If so, can I get any study and revision tips or materials? Thank you in advance and please no sarcastic comments, I'm literally on the verge of a breakdown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geri.xo)
    I currently do Biology, Chemistry and Psychology for AS. In biology and psychology, I'm doing fine but chemistry is another story. My teacher is like a bully, she embarrasses you if you get a question wrong or if you look at her a wrong way so I've never been interested or even paid attention in her class because I know she'd still get really annoyed - I've done the bare minimum up until now (Feb). But now I've realised I need to focus and work hard in order to stay on the course for A2, is it still possible to atleast get a D or C at the end of AS? I'm currently working at an E grade and have been since the start of the year. If so, can I get any study and revision tips or materials? Thank you in advance and please no sarcastic comments, I'm literally on the verge of a breakdown
    Hello, I'm in A2 year and actually taking the same subjects as you! Only difference with me is that, in AS I focused more on Maths and consequently ended up getting an E in Chemistry from lack of revision, with the added fact my original chemistry teacher was on maternity leave - so we got the ass end of the deal with someone with little knowledge as an AS chem teacher and was quite literally, an ass. So very similar position to you last year!
    Yes you can absolutely do it - it's not too late yet. I've been using these revision resources http://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/, Alevelchem - and also this guy saved me from getting a U last year! so please check out his videos if you haven't done so already. They're easy to understand and condense a topic down very quickly, you can also ask him questions on his videos and I basically substituted him as one of my chemistry teachers instead of the bad one I had! Good luck - I'm on track for getting a C this year, but aiming for a B. Hope this was helpful

ReputationRep:
    Ignore your teacher. Luckily for you, there are alot of resources online that you can basically teach yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asmithy)
    Hello, I'm in A2 year and actually taking the same subjects as you! Only difference with me is that, in AS I focused more on Maths and consequently ended up getting an E in Chemistry from lack of revision, with the added fact my original chemistry teacher was on maternity leave - so we got the ass end of the deal with someone with little knowledge as an AS chem teacher and was quite literally, an ass. So very similar position to you last year!
    Yes you can absolutely do it - it's not too late yet. I've been using these revision resources http://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/, Alevelchem - and also this guy saved me from getting a U last year! so please check out his videos if you haven't done so already. They're easy to understand and condense a topic down very quickly, you can also ask him questions on his videos and I basically substituted him as one of my chemistry teachers instead of the bad one I had! Good luck - I'm on track for getting a C this year, but aiming for a B. Hope this was helpful
    Aww, good luck. Hope you get that B 😉
    I was told to drop maths because I wouldn't need it for what I want to do in uni anyways and it was way too much work.
    I'll look into those links you gave me, thank you soooo much.
    At least I know I'm not completely screwed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.