Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I go watch a movie by myself? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well - I really really REALLY wanna see Deadpool in cinemas. But my brother won't go with me. The other one is 14 and he wants to go but it's rated 15+ and loads of people have been getting ID'd so I'm not risking that. There's no way IN HELL I'm gonna go see it with my parents :lol:

Most of my friends aren't into superhero stuff, and the ones that are went to see it a few days ago but I couldn't go.

So... should I go by myself? Will it be awkward? Has anyone done this? Is it sad? Where do I sit?

By yourself?
    If you want to.

Will it be awkward?
    Yes.

Is it sad?
    Yes

Where do I sit?
    On a chair.

Spoiler:
    Show
    don't take it seriously guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by z33)
    So... should I go by myself? Will it be awkward? Has anyone done this? Is it sad? Where do I sit?
    omg z333 i knew this would be you lol

also uh dont go with anyone from ur family z33 it willl be so0o0o0o0o awks omg srslyy go alone or w/ friends

and im not into super hero stuff but it was rrly good and i liked it, try to take like 1 friend with u so then ur not completely bored before the movie starts but tbh we all agreed not to talk when the movie started so it wasn't toooo necessary

it's a rrlly good movie pls avoid spoilers and waaaaaaaaaatchhh it sooon

also sit at the back ini

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    omg z333 i knew this would be you lol

also uh dont go with anyone from ur family z33 it willl be so0o0o0o0o awks omg srslyy go alone or w/ friends

and im not into super hero stuff but it was rrly good and i liked it, try to take like 1 friend with u so then ur not completely bored before the movie starts but tbh we all agreed not to talk when the movie started so it wasn't toooo necessary

it's a rrlly good movie pls avoid spoilers and waaaaaaaaaatchhh it sooon
    Ahaha yeah I don't know what to do!
    Well my brothers are cool about stuff like that cos we've played all the GTAs together we're all traumatised but they don't wanna/ can't go T_T but okay x'DD.

alriiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhh hhhhhhhttttttttttt I'll watch it soon if I find someone to go with!!!

Omg Z33 I'm going to watch it on Thursday with a few friends. Don't go with family it'll be awkward and force one of your friends to go. It looks amazing!!! And it'll be super awkward to go on your own and you need someone to laugh with.

Or come with me

ReputationRep:
    Just go. If ten year olds can go watch 12+ movies, then why can't you watch 15+?

ReputationRep:
    literally just do it, no one cares when you're there they all just want to enjoy the movie and they'll just assume someone cancelled at the last minute or something, you dont NEED someone there to watch deadpool with you.. like movies are made for individual enjoyment man its just like listening to music... anyway go for it

also sit near the back i guess

ReputationRep:
    Go!! I watched it the other day and its the best movie I've ever seen! It has everything! I wanna go again, pitty I can't afford it!

Oh and there was at least 2 guys in there on their own so yeah, its not uncommon.

ReputationRep:
    once maybe... people may notice a pattern if you keep going alone...? :dontknow:

(Original post by z33)
    Ahaha yeah I don't know what to do!
    Well my brothers are cool about stuff like that cos we've played all the GTAs together we're all traumatised but they don't wanna/ can't go T_T but okay x'DD.

alriiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhh hhhhhhhttttttttttt I'll watch it soon if I find someone to go with!!!
    tbh if ur brothers are fine with it

go with them

it'll be siq

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Well - I really really REALLY wanna see Deadpool in cinemas. But my brother won't go with me. The other one is 14 and he wants to go but it's rated 15+ and loads of people have been getting ID'd so I'm not risking that. There's no way IN HELL I'm gonna go see it with my parents :lol:

Most of my friends aren't into superhero stuff, and the ones that are went to see it a few days ago but I couldn't go.

Go by yourself. So what, its not the end of the world. Yeah you might get a few looks or whatever but don't give a single ****, enjoy the movie and enjoy your day Sit where you feel most comfortable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentxoxo)
    Go by yourself. So what, its not the end of the world. Yeah you might get a few looks or whatever but don't give a single ****, enjoy the movie and enjoy your day Sit where you feel most comfortable
    Bad advice don't go alone OP what are you a loner? Go with a couple of friends or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    once maybe... people may notice a pattern if you keep going alone...? :dontknow:
    yeah im only going once because no one would go with me this time ;_;

(Original post by Studentxoxo)
    alright cos I don't wanna be sitting at the front by myself if that's awkward x'D

ReputationRep:
    ill go with you z33

ReputationRep:
    Try to convince one of your friends to go see it again.
    If they don't want to, then book tickets online for you and your brother and print them out yourself. I always book student tickets online and never get my ID checked.

Don't be afraid to go on your own though. It really isn't that big of a deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon17)
    Bad advice don't go alone OP what are you a loner? Go with a couple of friends or something.
    I'm sure its not the end of the world if someone goes once to watch a movie on their own but yeah you're right. You'll have more fun with others with you

ReputationRep:
    If you want to watch a film just go watch it ffs, why does everything have to be a forced social thing :/
    You clearly want to see the film, don't ask validation from a community of extremely autistic students :rofl:
    Just go.

I don't remember the last time I saw a film on my own tbh, was probably 2 years ago I think. It wasn't awkward for me, it's as awkward as you make it. If you act like an autist then it'll be awkward, if you act like a normal person it'll be fine. And no it's not sad, if your friends don't wanna go and schedules aren't working out then don't miss out cos of that.

ReputationRep:
    I went to see a movie, also deadpool, by myself for the first time the other day. It's kind of odd not having anyone with you but at the same time it's awesome just to be able to sit by yourself and focus on the movie. Plus you can always phone a friend afterwards to talk about it

Also don't listen to anyone calling you weird or whatever for doing so, just cause you can do something independently doesn't make you a loner

ReputationRep:
    What is awkward in this movie that you cannot see with your parents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    What is awkward in this movie that you cannot see with your parents?
    you played the videogame?
    Spoiler:
    Show

I've been told it's pretty bad and if it's anything like that man I ain't no way in hell I'm watching that with my parents x'DDD

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.