Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

We should leave the EU - VOTE OUT 23rd June Watch

ReputationRep:
    - Britain is overcrowded
    - EU is turning the UK into a slum
    - Benefit reforms are a joke we will have more crime and poverty
    - 20+ years less jobs will be available than now.
    - Real living standards are declining
    - Not only are returns to unskilled labour declining but now even skills to skilled labour will decline. The ROI on your 50k debt
    ridden degree will be terrible.
    etc etc the list goes on.

For the sake of your nation, VOTE OUT! Don't carry on feeding the corporations more billions and reducing your living standards!

I am not anti immigration - I welcome skilled immigration which can benefit the UK from all parts of the world. I wanted regulated migration.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Do not accept the current level of positive immigration, it is good, but it can be better!
    Change is necessary to make immigration more positive, we shoulodn't just leave it at slightly posititve, let's make immigration extremely positive and anti-racist with an australian-point style system.
    At the moment (because we are in the EU) it matter where immigrants are from, that's just stupid. It should matter on the idividual, not their race. Under an australian point style system we will no longer discriminate against those from outside the EU and we will make immigration even more positive.

Vote leave

ReputationRep:
    THe only way we can keep out immigrants is to leave, sure they may be people but they can carry on being people in their own countries.

ReputationRep:
    My husband would vote out if only he knows what happens to EU migrants after since it would directly affect us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    Do not accept the current level of positive immigration, it is good, but it can be better!Change is necessary to make immigration more positive, we shoulodn't just leave it at slightly posititve, let's make immigration extremely positive and anti-racist with an australian-point style system.At the moment (because we are in the EU) it matter where immigrants are from, that's just stupid. It should matter on the idividual, not their race. Under an australian point style system we will no longer discriminate against those from outside the EU and we will make immigration even more positive.Vote leave
    Agreed, there are too many immigrants who come from X European country to do menial jobs because their own country is suffering in the job market. We should encourage the immigrants who are doing the jobs that are important to the economy and hard to hire for, not just letting anyone in and that includes non EU citizens. Of course like always it's too big of an issue to be sure of the consequences either way but I definitely think the current system is balls so a change is worth a go. I'll be voting out anyway.

ReputationRep:
    How does Europe effect any of the things in OP's post?

ReputationRep:
    As a person from another EU country I beg you Brits to vote OUT. Be the courage nation as you have always been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shipreck)
    It doesn't, it's a scapegoat. Nigel Farage and his lemmings have all these fantasies about leaving the EU and suddenly we'll be living in a utopia. They're delusional, and they're lying to themselves and everyone around us. Sadly, democracy means that we're all going to hell because the uninformed masses want to follow their delusions.

ReputationRep:
    I'll vote for whatever I damn well want...

ReputationRep:
    i have changed my mind, UK needs more immigration. Open up the border for India & China!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    - Britain is overcrowded
    - EU is turning the UK into a slum
    - Benefit reforms are a joke we will have more crime and poverty
    - 20+ years less jobs will be available than now.
    - Real living standards are declining
    - Not only are returns to unskilled labour declining but now even skills to skilled labour will decline. The ROI on your 50k debt
    ridden degree will be terrible.
    etc etc the list goes on.

For the sake of your nation, VOTE OUT! Don't carry on feeding the corporations more billions and reducing your living standards!

I am not anti immigration - I welcome skilled immigration which can benefit the UK from all parts of the world. I wanted regulated migration.
    Sources? The UK is not a slum, it's one of the greatest countries in the world. London is one of the most multicultural cities in the world. Living standards aren't declining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shipreck)
    You're asking how EU membership affects immigration and EU legislation on giving benefits to immigrants? Why I have no idea.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    It doesn't, it's a scapegoat. Nigel Farage and his lemmings have all these fantasies about leaving the EU and suddenly we'll be living in a utopia. They're delusional, and they're lying to themselves and everyone around us. Sadly, democracy means that we're all going to hell because the uninformed masses want to follow their delusions.
    I'm pro-EU myself (admittedly it needs many reforms but still) but this post makes you look like a hysterical, simple-minded numpty.

To pretend there's no serious arguments for leaving the EU is delusional. In my view the case to stay in is stronger than the case to leave but don't pretend it's the only case that has an ounce of merit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    You're asking how EU membership affects immigration and EU legislation on giving benefits to immigrants? Why I have no idea.....
    Great answer to someone who doesn't know **** about EU politics. 10/10. Your sarcasm doesn't help me understand it anymore than OP's claims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    My husband would vote out if only he knows what happens to EU migrants after since it would directly affect us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing will "happen to you".

This isn't Nazi Germany.

Things don't "happen to people".

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Interesting post you have made here and I can answer it.

The answer is nothing, all eu migrants already here will be allowed to stay just like uk residents on the continent.

It will only effect new residents.

Even if parliament did want to remove them which there is no call for it would be impossible to round up millions of people and to deport them on numerous levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doug Stamper)
    Sources? The UK is not a slum, it's one of the greatest countries in the world. London is one of the most multicultural cities in the world. Living standards aren't declining.
    Gdp per capita is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Interesting post you have made here and I can answer it.

The answer is nothing, all eu migrants already here will be allowed to stay just like uk residents on the continent.

It will only effect new residents.

Even if parliament did want to remove them which there is no call for it would be impossible to round up millions of people and to deport them on numerous levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unless I've missed it I don't think the govt actually said anything about existing EU migrants? that's where the concern is really, the uncertainty. And even if there's no mass migration we don't know what happens in terms of jobs. I mean non EU nationals need special visas for working, would that suddenly apply to EU nationals? Tbh I wish it's just clearer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unless I've missed it I don't think the govt actually said anything about existing EU migrants? that's where the concern is really, the uncertainty. And even if there's no mass migration we don't know what happens in terms of jobs. I mean non EU nationals need special visas for working, would that suddenly apply to EU nationals? Tbh I wish it's just clearer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing has been decided yet, it would be up to the parliament to decide. I imagine some would be allowed to stay/possibly given work permits based on their job/how long they've been a resident in the UK. I definitely do not think all citizens will be allowed to stay but it's going to be hard to force a large group of people to leave.

Problem is if they left the country they'd not be getting back without a visa/whatever procedure is put in place. It would just be like any other immigrant coming into the country. The reverse applies though to UK citizens in EU countries, I also imagine there would be a massive amount of people panicking to get citizenship so I think there would be procedures put in place there/perhaps a quota.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ron_trns)
    Nothing has been decided yet, it would be up to the parliament to decide. I imagine some would be allowed to stay/possibly given work permits based on their job/how long they've been a resident in the UK. I definitely do not think all citizens will be allowed to stay but it's going to be hard to force a large group of people to leave.

Problem is if they left the country they'd not be getting back without a visa/whatever procedure is put in place. It would just be like any other immigrant coming into the country. The reverse applies though to UK citizens in EU countries, I also imagine there would be a massive amount of people panicking to get citizenship so I think there would be procedures put in place there/perhaps a quota.
    Sorry but it's in record there will be no recriminations for migrants who are already here post brexit

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.