Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Noob Questions: EU Referendum? Is it like Polling vote? Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35621079

Hello, I have pretty much no idea on politics etc

Wanted to ask:

Does this mean on 23rd June - We the PUBLIC will go to the polling stations and have a Vote? Stay in EU or Leave?

Is it a bit like the Vote for various parties (where you visit local schools, community centres and put a "X" vote on e.g Conservatives, Or Labour or Green Party?)

Or will it just be people in the parliament voting?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by helpmekid)

Wanted to ask:

Does this mean on 23rd June - We the PUBLIC will go to the polling stations and have a Vote? Stay in EU or Leave?

Is it a bit like the Vote for various parties (where you visit local schools, community centres and put a "X" vote on e.g Conservatives, Or Labour or Green Party?)

On June 23rd (Thur) polling stations will be open for people to vote (you must be 18). You will be given a question about our membership of the European union which you can answer with a leave or remain.

You have 2 options and put an x in the one you think is best for our country.

It's us the public voting.

ReputationRep:

Wanted to ask:

Everyone able to vote, votes.

You simply choose either 'stay in' or 'leave'. The votes are done at normal polling stations, so wherever you vote for the general elections, you vote for the referendum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    On June 23rd (Thur) polling stations will be open for people to vote (you must be 18). You will be given a question about our membership of the European union which you can answer with a leave or remain.

You have 2 options and put an x in the one you think is best for our country.

It's us the public voting.
    Thank you very much!

Yes FINALLY.

I thought it would be another useless thingy where they vote in parliament.

Sorry to sound like a noob, but I am new to Politics (never studied it and never will study it., but occasionally watch the news
    Do you know and recommend a website for noobs, beginners to politics ?

Also what are the requirements in order to Vote???
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Thank you very much!

Yes FINALLY.

I thought it would be another useless thingy where they vote in parliament.

Sorry to sound like a noob, but I am new to Politics (never studied it and never will study it., but occasionally watch the news
    Do you know and recommend a website for noobs, beginners to politics ?

Also what are the requirements in order to Vote???
    I think this will help you understand it better: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32810887
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Moved this to the Politics section where you'll get more answers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.