Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi all, I am applying to buckingham to study law and I know very little about the university. Is there anyone who currently studies there to give some honest advice? I have looked at a number of websites with mixed reveiws, the reveiws on uni stats are impressive but on the university league tables it shows only 50% of people get a 1st or upper second class honours compared to 84% in exeter and 84% in birmingham where I am also applying. These figures are worrying. Also why are the asking grades so low 'BBB' for law?? The idea of completing a law degree in two years sounds great especially because it will take me anither year to get ny solicitor qualificatiobs and then two years as a trainee. I am aware the 'nightlife' is awful but I read a post by a past student who said there where "no" englush people and half his class could not speak english. I love the idea of studying in such a multicultural environment but seriously I would like to have some native english friends aswell! I am so worried I have to make my firm choice soon and I really torn, so honest opinions please about the university. Thanks!
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.