The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

What did everyone get for tbe range?
Original post by Barbecuetime123
Looks accurate

A - 58??? nooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay that was so bad they need to make an A like 45, 57 was an A last year and this paper was definitely 100x harder
Very straightforward exam. Should be normal/higher grade boundaries. It was just slightly worded a litlle differently but content was nothing but normal.
I got to question 9 with 45 mins and because of the curveball -5/13 which gave swapped around answers for the previous equations I sat for ages figuring it out and only had 10 mins to check
Reply 464
I've cried so hard after that exam that if I was on a boat it would sink faster then the titanic.
Thanks a lot AQA. My chances of getting into uni are getting less and less after each of your sh*tty exams.
Original post by maisym00
What value did you get for cos?

-5/13 or sth?
Original post by RUNSran
for the range, 24ln2 is the same as 8ln8 right?

Yeah
You can do 9a in three lines, using sec^2-tan^2=1 then completing the square and using the value they gave

Well I overcomplicated then haha
Original post by A Slice of Pi
I get the same as you for the volume. For the trig, it's just difference of two squares.

Nice people got ln9 as one of the terms but I can't see how that happened
Well over complication is something I'm good at lol
Original post by C0balt
For triangle I got (e^2+1)^2/e^3

Thank god!
Original post by Sirelis
A - 58??? nooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay that was so bad they need to make an A like 45, 57 was an A last year and this paper was definitely 100x harder

Last year was not 'definitely' easier. It just that they worded it differently this year. Should expect 60-65 for an A. Also since this is the last year of the specification, they shouldn't be any strange fluctuations
Reply 468
Original post by amsib
I've cried so hard after that exam that if I was on a boat it would sink faster then the titanic.
Thanks a lot AQA. My chances of getting into uni are getting less and less after each of your sh*tty exams.

I feel you :frown: i might as well forget about my firm choice after that exam
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Very straightforward exam. Should be normal/higher grade boundaries. It was just slightly worded a litlle differently but content was nothing but normal.

The content was normal but ur re tarded if u think if it was straight forward

lol do you even do aqa?
Reply 471
Looks accurate

No way!! That's too high. Loads of people found it so hard. There's people (including myself) that have straight up lost out chunks of marks as well as stupid mistakes. I think we should do a poll for what people think an A grade boundary will be.
Last year was not 'definitely' easier. It just that they worded it differently this year. Should expect 60-65 for an A. Also since this is the last year of the specification, they shouldn't be any strange fluctuations

65 for an A?! 64 was an A* last year, and that paper was really easy.
Are you trolling?

I'm confused if your joking or not.....
Original post by Sirelis
You're right - I was looking at the wrong column. I have adjusted the original post

It will definitely not be 60-65 for an A. I don't think you know what you're talking about. It goes without saying that it was more difficult than other papers, perhaps not as much as people are making out but that would at least put it on part with last years (57 for an A)
Original post by Mowerharvey
What did everyone get for tbe range?

x>6 x<-1- ( for the modulus one)
Original post by Fudge2
What about the mod question? I had like -6,1,2 and 4 as the intersections or something? I can't really remember

-6<<x<<1 and 2<<x<<3 is what I got
I got x<-6 x>3 and 1<x<2 lol

we done last years paper as a mock in December and I got 92 UMS in it, it was definitely easier bro :P but fair enough if you done well in this years paper you must be a genius :smile:

f u c k off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending