The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

gg(x) = x
For 9)b) You should've got -88.7 and -21.3
what did everyone get for the last question, part c? i got 22.7 and -66.8 or something like that
Original post by LucasFletcher
For 9)b) You should've got -88.7 and -21.3

how did you do it?
Reply 604
When you realise you forgot the +C on the first integration by parts *sigh*
A pop up about Clearing instantly came up when I went on the AQA Core 3 thread on Student Room. They know.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sam1231
But if you plug 1/x into the f(x) you do not get fg(x) so it must be wrong, to get from the f(x) to the fg(x) it had to be 1/(x^2), hence why gg(x)= x^4
I think as it was low marks it was just looking for the answer via inspection

Nah, 16x just means 16(g(x)) so to get 16/x g(x) has to be 1/x
for the volume of revolution did everyone get something like pi(ln3^3) - 2ln3 +1)
Original post by ILuvAipomZ
SAME, like with the fractions and stuff the numbers i got are so close but theyre not the same lol ;-; i even think i got the trapezium rule question wrong, wot is lyf

mate there was no trapezium rule question. do you mean the simpsons rule? lol
Original post by surreal123
mate there was no trapezium rule question. do you mean the simpsons rule? lol

OH YEH thats what i meant, jesus xD then i really would have done it wrong lmao
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Look, AQA will not drastically change the grade boundaries. If it was that hard, it wouldn't have been chosen for this year's paper. What they are trying to do, is stop thousands of student who simply do past papers and get A*s, without knowing the actual content. If this is one of you, you do not deserve to pass. The question about range, merely required simple mathematical ingenuity. Looking beyond this, the content was nothing but fundamental C3 AQA Maths knowledge.

d i c k h e a d ting
Original post by JC25
When you realise you forgot the +C on the first integration by parts *sigh*

You should only lose one mark provided you integrated everything else correctly
The truth is that people won't all get 30 marks. Remember, you are competiting with private school students, and people who find maths naturally easy, like me.

Shut up you faggit
what was question 7??
The truth is that people won't all get 30 marks. Remember, you are competing with private school students, and people who find maths naturally easy, like me.

I think the boundaries will be lower, not drastically lower, but lower, maybe a few marks.
Original post by bartbarrow
Yes, you had to integrate in the first part

The second part asked for the integration of lnx * (lnx/x^2)

If you set u=lnx, then v' = lnx/x^2
so u'=1/x, v= (Answer to part a)

But how does integrating your answer to part a) get lnx/x^2
Wouldn't that be like integrating lnx/x^2 twice and getting lnx/x^2
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pablo picasso
the truth is that people won't all get 30 marks. Remember, you are competiting with private school students, and people who find maths naturally easy, like me.

loooooooooooool rah shut up why are u on this thread move man
If you were getting straight A*s as you allegedly claim, then this iteration should not appear difficult to you, unless you were not prepared. I don't see Oxbridge students apart from you here complaining.

Hi. I hold an offer from Oxford and I thought it was horrendous. Just Saying. I felt fully prepared going into the exam, but thought the paper was totally out of character. There were very few short answers and a much greater number of 6 and 7 markers that I would have expected, meaning it was hard to make up time. For the first time ever, I didn't have an excess of time to check through my answers and there were even answers I left blank.
Original post by bartbarrow
If you just ignore the second part and take 16x being transformed into 16/x, because that's all you need....

I think you're getting confused with your x's, they are not the same x.

When you take f(x) = 16x, fg(x) = 16 * g(x)

so 16 * g(x) = 16/x
so g(x) = 1/x

I see what you mean,yeah i defiantly got that question wrong then ahahah
How many marks where they worth together?
Reply 619
Is there an unofficial mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending