The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A Slice of Pi
I actually think FP3 was one of my better units this year. I agreed with all my teachers answers on that from what I could remember, so maybe we all did better than first thought

Maybe it had a fair mark scheme. It went well but I sat last year's exam and it was more straight forward for me. That substitution this year was a stinker.
Original post by -jordan-
Maybe it had a fair mark scheme. It went well but I sat last year's exam and it was more straight forward for me. That substitution this year was a stinker.

Yeah the integration was less obvious in this years. Although, I did last years as a mock in May before the exam and thought it was the hardest to date until I saw this years. Last years had high boundaries too, so it seems a common theme with FP3
Why does the examiners report make this exam seem like it's the easiest it's been in a generation when everyone wanted to kill themselves after it???*:s-smilie:
Original post by GEEKSruletheworld!
Why does the examiners report make this exam seem like it's the easiest it's been in a generation when everyone wanted to kill themselves after it???*:s-smilie:

The Further Maths ones are often like that.

"Most students easily..."

Yeah, sure.
Hey guys out of the yr 12s who sat c3 this yr, did u guys get a*? For some reason i got 100ums but marked as an A. Hope all ur results are even better than u expected coz u deserve them for all ur hardwork!
Original post by liemluji
Hey guys out of the yr 12s who sat c3 this yr, did u guys get a*? For some reason i got 100ums but marked as an A. Hope all ur results are even better than u expected coz u deserve them for all ur hardwork!

Yh i got A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, if you are in AS year and get above 90ums it gets put down as an A .
Original post by Peter Wilkinson
No, if you are in AS year and get above 90ums it gets put down as an A .

I got an A next to my core 4 even though I got 100%.
I got an a* so happy
Original post by ilovecake123
I got an a* so happy

Me too! I thought it was impossible after that Core 3 exam!

could u share the examiners report pls? i'd like a good laugh. ^.^
LOL got 100UMS in C3 hahahahaha thanks AQA ;D
I have no idea how I got 100/100 in this exam, but I am not complaining :biggrin:
I got 100 UMS as well after doing the substitution wrong, thanks to other people for ****ing up I suppose haha
OMG WHAT? 100ums I thought I got a high D

Thanks AQA
100UMS in Core 3 and Core 4! Couldn't be happier.

Where did you find the examiners report? Could you link it haha
Hi everyone

Happy results day! How did Maths go for you?

Congrats to everyone on finishing their exams - you did amazing for getting through them no matter what grade you got

If you need any advice on results, adjustment, clearing or uni go check out our Applications and UCAS forum

maths

Original post by maisym00
Where did you find the examiners report? Could you link it haha

Someone posted it on TSR in a different thread
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi everyone

Happy results day! How did Maths go for you?

Congrats to everyone on finishing their exams - you did amazing for getting through them no matter what grade you got

If you need any advice on results, adjustment, clearing or uni go check out our Applications and UCAS forum

maths

Maths went as expected, though the 100 UMS in C3 is completely UNexpected :biggrin:
As far as Further Maths is concerned, I found the exams quite tough and wasn't sure if I'd get a B grade. Not sure why, but FP4 (A grade) completely saved me and balanced it out onto B. Good think I retook 2 AS FM modules as that put me up from a C to a B too!

Overall, not too bad but could've been better! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending