The Student Room Group

Not so good mock results to awesome GCSE Grades

HELLOOO
I'm in year 11 and I'm aiming for an A's and A*s and lets just say they didn't go so good. Being as smart as I am I haven't started my revision yet but hopefully Grow your grades will motivate me.

My predicted grades are

Maths - A*
English Lang - A
English Lit - A
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
French - A*
History - A*
Computing - A
RE - A*

Mock Grades:

Maths - B
English Lang - B
English Lit - B
Biology - B
Chemistry - B
Physics - A*
French - A*
History - A*
Computing - B
RE - B

You can see why I kinda need to get cracking.
I'm also doing the Free Standing Maths Qualification and it is going TERRIBLE.
I am legit failing.So this week I'l be focusing on FMSQ and English but I also want to try and do some science.

See ya soon! :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
FSMQ is really difficult :hide: I guess the key is practice.

Good luck with pushing up your grades from your mock results to your predictions :rave: :rave:
Thank you. I'm going to try and do as much practice as possible. I have a test for fsmq this tuesday so lets hope I pass xD
Hiiiii
So I made myself a revision timetable for this week. I've been following it well so far! Lets hope I can keep it up :awesome: . Though I did start about an hourater today :colondollar:
Do you guys have any good revision techniques? Or tips on how to stay motivated?
Reply 5
I took the the FSMQ last year and got a D in my mock for it, which went to an A in the actual result, the only exam last year where I did better in the real thing than the mock. I found that cramming the whole course a second time really helped to actually understand the maths as you now have the knowledge, but just find it hard to access it after the first time. If you are taking the FSMQ and getting a B in maths then I will need to know where the marks are being lost in order to help you with references to my own experiences. I'm not really the sort of pperson to be able to give you revision tips on anything but the sciences and maths really. Any specific questions for me, ask away.
My mocks were 3Cs, 5Bs, A and A* and in the real thing I got 4A*s 3As and 3Bs. Start now, do those past papers, I assure you you'll be fine :smile:
Congratulations on the A!
I find that applying knowledge when they change the question around slightly is quite hard mainly because I'm not conident on the topics but I'm working on it. :smile::tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey hows it going.
My revisions been going well so far.
I've started making my notes for RE and they look fabuloso 😀😀
I would upload a picture but its not letting me for some reason 😣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending