Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Opinions on feminism? watch

Announcements

Just curious, what are your opinions on feminism.

ReputationRep:
    It's misinterpreted all the time and such a massive 'movement' whatever you want to call it then and y

*sigh*I'm genuinely exhausted just trying to think about this and how to phrase myself lmao

~you should have no advantage being born one gender or another~

k bye

ReputationRep:
    Overused term, often applied to challenge irrational, biased or discriminative acts which 'favour' the male gender. Commonly misused in practices such as sport and law.

(Original post by Milzime)
    It's misinterpreted all the time and such a massive 'movement' whatever you want to call it then and y

*sigh*I'm genuinely exhausted just trying to think about this and how to phrase myself lmao

~you should have no advantage being born one gender or another~

k bye
    Lol I acc didnt grasp the whole concept behind feminism until recently, whats your opinions on out-spoken celebrities like Malala and Emma watson preaching so.

ReputationRep:
    inb4 sh*tstorm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Lol I acc didnt grasp the whole concept behind feminism until recently, whats your opinions on out-spoken celebrities like Malala and Emma watson preaching so.
    mmmmm I would for sure call myself a feminist, because from what I know, it's really just about equality of the sexes.

Some feminists think that trying to over compensate for the years of oppression women have gone through will solve our problems

some people think that the sexes should be equal, and yet refuse to call themselves feminist

The 'celebrities' speaking out about this stuff are probably just trying to unify people with those sorts of views and

*sigh*sorry my answer isn't great I'm tired lol

ReputationRep:
    Tumblr girls.

Feminism is not needed in the western world.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.