Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hows revision going? watch

Announcements

90 odd days till the period of dread commences? Hows everyone feeling? How much revision you done? Anyone panicking yet?

ReputationRep:
    none
    but strangely enough
    I'm not panicking :confused:

(Original post by Ishea16)
    none
    but strangely enough
    I'm not panicking :confused:
    Alot of people are, although I REFRAIN from panicking considering it only makes matters worst. Revision is going off the ranks for me

ReputationRep:
    Havent started and not at all worried

don't hate, procrastinate :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Alot of people are, although I REFRAIN from panicking considering it only makes matters worst. Revision is going off the ranks for me
    yes true,
    panicking does make the situation worse
    but it helps you to actually do work

but since I'm not even panicking , I dont know when I'll get a grip and get some work done lol

ReputationRep:
    it's 73 days until my first exam and I've not done anything at least I'll get an A* in procrastination!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I've completely panicking inside but I definitely won't show it in front of people (hopefully)

I don't understand why I am though, considering this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897511

Does anyone have any ways to make revision more varied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    I've completely panicking inside but I definitely won't show it in front of people (hopefully)

I don't understand why I am though, considering this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897511

Does anyone have any ways to make revision more varied?
    It looks like you're doing a lot already (more than me lol) but you could try mindmapping different topics by getting a piece of A3 and writing down everything you can remember from the topic. You could start off by getting some of the summary questions for a topic (e.g. the ones in the CGP books) and answering them. Then look at your textbook/revision guide and add everything you didn't remember to the mindmap in a different colour or underlined or something, to make it clear what you don't know. This method also works for geography when you're learning case studies.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by glassriver)
    It looks like you're doing a lot already (more than me lol) but you could try mindmapping different topics by getting a piece of A3 and writing down everything you can remember from the topic. You could start off by getting some of the summary questions for a topic (e.g. the ones in the CGP books) and answering them. Then look at your textbook/revision guide and add everything you didn't remember to the mindmap in a different colour or underlined or something, to make it clear what you don't know. This method also works for geography when you're learning case studies.

Oooh now then - I never considered putting the summary questions in mind maps - I am definitely going to try that. And thanks for this because if it works for Geography case studies then these are my biggest weakness - your help has been invaluable

Good luck with your studies

ReputationRep:
    I've only done acids and bases revision for chemistry which is an easy topic anyways so I'm not sure why I wasted my time doing 51 pages of past paper questions?

Other than that, I've done nothing. Half term is meant for relaxing not studying in my eyes. Will probably start revising once I go to school and every teacher will start banging on about the importance of revision and how I should have already started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    90 odd days till the period of dread commences? Hows everyone feeling? How much revision you done? Anyone panicking yet?
    Currently in y10 so tackling English coursework. Got y10 exams coming up tho. Am helping friends revise for their short course RE exam. I have mine in y11 (long course) but they have theirs in y10!

If anyone needs any revision tips or any tips on how to stop procrastinating/ how to plan your time, then do private message me I will be happy to help and I give good advice

ReputationRep:
    Did good revision for mocks and did well in mocks so not too worried i guess...but revising a little bit everyday when i can to make it easier try not to get stressed - calm is key!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.