Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you support modern day feminism? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you support modern day feminism?
    Yes
    40.00%
    No
    60.00%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    As per title

ReputationRep:
    What's your definition of 'modern day feminism'?

I support the wave of feminism that fights for equal rights and treatment for women, not the man-hating idiots.

ReputationRep:
    As a guy I support feminism because I want my mother and sisters (and potential future children) to be able to work and live with equal rights,

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes but I think the women who are actively involved with it are just insufferable.

ReputationRep:
    I support equal rights, but that has nothing to do with feminism. That makes me an egalitarian, or libertarian.

Feminism is a doctrine built on the pre-supposition of victimhood of women by men as a foundation of female identity. In its goals is always the utilisation of the state to forcibly redress this claimed victimization. In other words, the proxy use of violence and wealth appropriation. In whatever flavour, and variation, these two basic features are common to every doctrine using the label feminism. Feminism is therefore, a doctrine of class hatred, and violence.

Since I oppose force and presumed-victimhood, I oppose feminism. Anyone with clear and sane morals should oppose feminism and support true equal opportunities. We now have a society in which young women out-earn men and yet there is only increasing pressure to reduce pay for men, to discriminate against boys even more in schools and to give women vast entitlements in the workplace not available to men. More and more women are waking up and realising that this feminism is nothing more than gynocentric Marxism, and they are rejecting it. Feminism jumped the shark this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnyb99)
    I support equal rights, but that has nothing to do with feminism. That makes me an egalitarian, or libertarian.

Feminism is a doctrine built on the pre-supposition of victimhood of women by men as a foundation of female identity. In its goals is always the utilisation of the state to forcibly redress this claimed victimization. In other words, the proxy use of violence and wealth appropriation. In whatever flavour, and variation, these two basic features are common to every doctrine using the label feminism. Feminism is therefore, a doctrine of class hatred, and violence.

Since I oppose force and presumed-victimhood, I oppose feminism. Anyone with clear and sane morals should oppose feminism and support true equal opportunities. We now have a society in which young women out-earn men and yet there is only increasing pressure to reduce pay for men, to discriminate against boys even more in schools and to give women vast entitlements in the workplace not available to men. More and more women are waking up and realising that this feminism is nothing more than gynocentric Marxism, and they are rejecting it. Feminism jumped the shark this year.
    Maybe those women are just more deserving of reward than those men? Unless you believe in equality of outcome. Of course you don't. That's for silly Marxists. You aren;t a Marxist are you?

ReputationRep:
    I will support it up until it personal affects me negatively.

ReputationRep:
    I've never really given it too much thought but I can understand where you are coming from. Like any decent human being I am pro equality, nothing more and nothing less.

I read something on Reddit recently regarding a rape claim made by a young woman against her boyfriend, obviously she was the victim and therefore got the vehement support of many feminist and "pro-victim" people. It later turned out the claim was false and the guy was innocent and I thought to myself that the term "pro-victim" is completely meaningless if you make no attempt to determine who the victim actually is before blindly giving your support. Yes, you shouldn't assume a rape claim is false but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do everything you can to determine its validity either, that is what proper equality is; both parties getting the presumption of innocence unless there's contrary evidence.

Not really sure where I'm going with this but I wanted to say something.

ReputationRep:
    God No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Dexter_)
    As a guy I support feminism because I want my mother and sisters (and potential future children) to be able to work and live with equal rights,
    Do they not have equal rights currently?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.