Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are running races between black and white people a fair match? watch

ReputationRep:
    Considering that it is almost exclusively black people that win these races, is it fair to pit them against white people?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There are more races than Black and White people you know. Where are all the Asian sprinters?

ReputationRep:
    not enough inuit sprinters

smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    not enough inuit sprinters

smh
    Indeed and that's not my problem. Canada should do more to promote equality amongst their First Nations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floury)
    Considering that it is almost exclusively black people that win these races, is it fair to pit them against white people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could say the same thing about swimming and horse racing, so does that mean its fair to pit them against black people?

Anyway, there's nothing unfair about it. Everyone participating aren't in no way whatsoever discriminated, hence, the results will be all due to your own physical abilities.

ReputationRep:
    how do propose segregating based on race? What about someone who is half black, a quarter black etc? It's totally impractical

plus any differences due to race will be tiny compared to say, the difference between men and women, the two genders are built totally differently

ReputationRep:
    Is it wrong to hate a certain race? I enjoy running 5k's but my friend is trying to get me to do another marathon and I really don't like them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If someone is more athletically fit and they win then they deserve it, that's the point of these races. So what if their race is different.

ReputationRep:
    It's not skin colour that determines any biological advantage, it's the presence of particular alleles that are found in higher frequencies in particular geographic locations. Take distance running. Top runners tend to come from arid, high altitude countries (Horn of Africa, Atlas Mountains, Western China etc.) rather than those with black populations.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.